In this article:
- Can you explain what an event loop is? What is its significance?
- Do you know the difference between asynchronous and synchronous code execution? Can you provide an example of each?
- Can you explain what a callback is?
“You shoud imagine variables as tentacles, rather than boxes. They do not contain values; they grasp them – two variables can refer to the same value.”
Some of those skills can include the following:
- Knowledge of asynchronous programming concepts such as callback and promises
- Proficient knowledge of HTML, CSS, and other front-end development technologies
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and how to resolve them
- Up-to-date front-end performance optimization strategies and techniques
- Ability to solve complex problems and think of innovative solutions
- Superb communication skills and ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Troubleshooting skills and ability to debug applications
- Proficient knowledge of server-side programming languages like Python, Ruby, and Node.js
- In-depth knowledge of data structures and algorithms
“Truth can only be found in one place: the code.”– Robert C. Martin, American Software Engineer
Other resources such as Salary.com report an average salary of more than $108,000 and a salary range of $98,000 to $120,000 depending on the years of experience, skills, education, and other qualifications a candidate has.
Three additional factors that may influence salary trends include:
- Company Size
- Big companies tend to have more flexible budgets when it comes to hiring developers. So, a large corporation may be able to offer a more competitive salary than a startup, for instance. However, don’t let that deter you from applying to small organizations. After all, budgets vary from business to business and they just may be able to meet your salary expectations.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Across industries, we are seeking an increased demand for developers who are familiar with the advanced technologies that are emerging every day, including blockchain, machine learning, and AI.
- Remote Work
- Virtual or remote work is still on the rise. As a result, salary trends for tech jobs may be impacted. In a nutshell, this means that web development professionals who don’t mind working remotely may find opportunities that offer competitive salaries and employee perks.
It is also worth noting that salary information will vary depending on the resource being cited. Even in the info provided above, you’ll notice different numbers being reported across sites. So, it’s imperative that you do your due diligence when it comes to figuring out salary expectations. Look up a variety of resources, review your work experience, and keep external factors in mind.