UI/UX in Demand: 20 Popular Job Titles for UI Designers and UX Designers in 2022
The demand for UI/UX designers is increasing1 as remote work and virtual social interactions become the norm in 2022. But, after years of uncertainty and bouts of isolation; is anyone surprised that there has been an influx of electronics, digital applications, and video conferencing software? We doubt you are!
After all, recent data2 shows that 62% of our global population uses technology to work and connect with others across geographical space and time. So, it’s no secret that our society’s ever-growing need, for user-centric tech, is impacting the UI/UX design industry.
Are you a tech-savvy individual looking to join the league of UI/UX Designers that develop products and create dynamic digital experiences? If so, keep reading! In this post, we’ll explain what UI/UX design is in a nutshell and provide a list of popular job titles you can expect to see in this industry, in 2022 and beyond.
A Brief Overview of UI/UX: Is it one role or two?
The term “UI/UX” is often used interchangeably; which creates confusion when it comes to discussing the ins and outs of this budding industry. However, if you’re looking to break into this field; you must know the difference between UI and UX design and how these two tech-fueled careers collaborate.
What exactly is UI/UX design? Well, at some companies, UI/UX tasks are assigned to a single individual who takes a product through its entire design process. In other cases, user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) designers are separate roles that work in tandem; with UI pros focusing on a product’s visual elements and UX experts honing in on how a user will interact with it.
User Interface Designers
- designs visual elements
- plans a product’s visual aesthetic
- selects color and typography
- creates mockups and graphics
User Experience Designers
- designs interactions
- charts user pathways
- conducts research
- creates wireframes and prototypes
10 UI Design Job Titles to Search for in 2022
- User Interface (UI) Designer
- Visual Designer
- UI Strategist
- Content Strategist
- UI Innovator
- Lead User Experience Designer
- UI Writer
- Product Designer
- UI Graphic Designer
- Motion Designer
- User Experience (UX) Designer
- Interaction Designer
- UX Researcher
- UX Architect
- Experience Designer
- Junior UX Designer
- UX Prototyper
- Lead Experience Designer
- Information Architect
- Product Designer
- “Web Developers and Digital Designers : Occupational Outlook Handbook.” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 8 Sept. 2021, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/web-developers.htm.
- Johnson, Joseph. “Internet Users in the World 2021.” Statista, 10 Sept. 2021, https://www.statista.com/statistics/617136/digital-population-worldwide/.