Best Content Marketing Courses to Explore in 2023
Content creators and marketing professionals play integral roles in the success of companies these days. After all, they create engaging content that fuels social media platforms, blogs, and websites alike. So, it’s no surprise that many folks want to explore these content marketing as a potential career. But, while interest is on the rise, finding the best online content marketing courses is not always easy. The good news is that we’re here to help. In this article, we’ll review what employers are looking for in content creators and marketing professionals. And we’ll take a look at the best courses you can explore to expand your knowledge. So, what are you waiting for? Keep reading!
In this post:
- Essential Skills Employers Look for in Content Creators and Marketing Pros
- Common Job Titles Related to Content Creation and Digital Marketing
- Top Content Marketing Courses to Take Online
Essential Skills Employers Look for in Content Creators and Marketing Professionals
Professionals who are tasked with creating content must be equipped with a wide variety of skills and technical abilities. Among those include strong content creation skills and the ability to market them.
Content Creation Skills:
- Proficient writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Innovative and creative thinking that generates engaging content
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and how to conduct keyword research
- In-depth understanding of how to analyze content metrics to improve performance
- Ability to conduct effective research and interpret data that impacts content creation
- Strong communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills
- Ability to plan and implement dynamic marketing campaigns
- Strong strategic and creative thinking skills
- In-depth understanding of how to identify a target audience
- Knowledge of how to analyze market trends, consumer needs, and how well competitors are performing in comparison
- Ability to measure the performance of marketing efforts and make data-driven solutions
- Proficient knowledge of social media marketing, email marketing, pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Strong project management and organizational skills to juggle deadlines, project requirements, budgets, and resources
Common Job Titles Related to Content Creation and Digital Marketing
When you’re looking for employment in the content creation or marketing realm, you may come across a myriad of job titles. Some of them include:
- Content Marketing Manager
- Content Strategist
- Content Marketing Specialist
- Digital Content Associate
- Brand Content Manager
- Brand Jounralist
- Email Marketing Manager
- Content Editor
- Content Coordinator
- Content Creator
- Multimedia Designer
- Content Production Coordinator
- Content Writer
- Digital Marketing Associate
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- SEO Specialist
- CRM Manager
- Conversion Rate Optimization Specialist
- Affiliate Marketing Manager
- Social Media Marketing Manager
- Growth Hacker
- Brand Strategist
While this is certainly not an exhaustive list, this may give you an idea of the job positions related to content marketing, content creation, and digital marketing.
Top Content Marketing Courses to Take Online
There are a number of online content marketing courses out there – all with promising descriptions that claim they’ve improved your skills. But, which ones are really the best? Well, we’ve done the research for you and found the following courses that you should give a try.
Meta Social Media Marketing offered by Meta via Coursera
In this course, participants will learn all about the foundations of social media marketing including how to manage and advertise content.
Content Strategy for Professionals: Engaging Audiences offered by Northwestern University via Coursera
Geared towards professionals of all levels, this online course teachers participate to market content strategically.
Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content offered the University of Pennsylvania via Coursera
Want to learn how to make content that goes viral? This is one of the best content marketing courses you can take to gain an understanding of why some content performs well while some do not.
Online Advertising & Social Media offered by the University of Maryland via edX
If you want to learn all about how to develop online advertising ecosystems, take this self-paced coursed offered by the University of Maryland. During this course, instructors will walk participants through the steps to build an effective brand and marketing strategy.