Sr Web Developer - Digital Communications (2 Positions Available) - 200000001C
Regular Full-time, Pay Grade 40
The Office of Communications and Marketing seeks to hire two (2) talented web developers to join the Digital Communications team. Our team is responsible for all aspects of the university’s primary web presence (www.utk.edu) as well as design, development, and support of many of the most visible sites within the utk.edu domain. We are also responsible for establishing online brand standards by designing, developing, and supporting website templates and themes.
UT is the state’s flagship research university, a campus of choice for outstanding undergraduates, and a premier graduate institution. As a land-grant university, the institution fulfills its access mission through a commitment to excellence in learning, scholarship, and engagement.
The Office of Communications and Marketing is dedicated to advancing the university’s reputation. Staff members support the institution’s mission and goals, promote its successes and achievements, inform and engage its stakeholders, and ensure the integrity of its brand. We craft audience-focused communications based on data, best-practices, and emerging trends. The division employs more than 50 full-time professionals across several cross-functional teams—Creative, Digital, Marketing, News, Special Events, Video, and WUOT 91.9FM.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
· Working under the guidance of the Director of Digital Communications to ensure the university’s website reflects our vision, mission, and values
· Working collaboratively with all members of the Office of Communications and Marketing to develop wireframes and visual designs in markup and frameworks
· Working to ensure accessibility best practices on UT websites
· Developing, programming, and supporting university websites and other digital initiatives
· Contributing to the official, branded university web templates for use by all campus units
· Providing on-going support of WordPress sites for multiple university units
· An Associate’s degree in web/electronic media (or related discipline) or a bachelor’s degree (any discipline)
· At least five years of professional experience directly related to website design and/or development
· A solid understanding of and commitment to web standards, including web accessibility standards
· Experience developing within and extending CMS frameworks such as WordPress
· Experience with web server configuration, particularly for WordPress
· Experience with MySQL databases
· Experience with API integration
· Bachelor’s or advanced degree (any discipline)
· Experience developing WordPress themes and plugins
· Experience with CSS pre-processors
· Experience with Git version control system
· Experience with best practices for mobile website delivery
· Experience with user-centered design
· A commitment to the mission of public higher education
Regular Full-time, Pay Grade 40. Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
The university offers a highly competitive benefits package that includes health insurance and retirement plans through the State of Tennessee, generous annual and sick leave accruals, longevity pay, tuition waivers and discounts, discounted athletics tickets, and more.
A review of all applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. For full consideration, applicants must apply electronically through Taleo and submit a cover letter, resume, and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references.
Job: Other Professional
Primary Location: US-Tennessee-Knoxville
Organization: Creative Communications
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.