To learn more about Pew Research Center please access the link below.
- Across the table: Would you share your views of Donald Trump over dinner?
- Who shares your views on race?
- Strong Men, Caring Women: How Americans describe what society values (and doesn’t) in each gender
- How religious is your country?
- Worldwide migrant remittance flows
- Do you know what police think?
- Digital Knowledge Quiz
- Ability to separate content, data, presentation and behavior layers.
- Understanding of web standards, usability and human-user interaction philosophies and their application to web and mobile development, navigation, information architecture and content hierarchy.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to build and maintain strong relationships with project stakeholders.
- Ability to be creative and innovative, set priorities, organize time and identify resources for projects.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly explain complex technical problems to less technical users.
- Ability to review designs/wireframes, point out potential development concerns, and create user stories based on designs.
- Ability to write and maintain user and system documentation for applications and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years professional experience developing web, mobile and other digital projects.
- Experience with React.
- Demonstrated experience working with REST APIs, preferably in a read/write manner.
- Experience with a version management system (Git preferred).
- Experience with Responsive Design principles and coding (including media queries)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment a plus
- Work on multiple simultaneous projects as a member of multidisciplinary teams that also include digital product, design, UX, social media, research staff and other stakeholders
- Ensure that all code works across multiple devices (desktop, mobile, etc.), is error-free, maintainable, and scales to handle a high number of concurrent visitors.
- Provide quality assurance and testing of other team members’ code.
- Maintain comprehensive technical documentation and contribute to style guides.
This position is based on site at our offices in Washington, DC. Applications should include links to relevant projects or portfolio. Résumé and cover letter
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Pew Research Center is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.