Howdy 👋 We’re the folks at SkyVerge, where we build products (like Jilt and WooCommerce Memberships) that help over 100k+ eCommerce brands grow and manage their businesses. Our team is 100% remote, with 32 people distributed all over the world.
We’re looking for a full stack WordPress engineer to join our team and lead development on our websites.
You should be…
- Deeply experienced with WordPress, particularly with building and maintaining custom themes and plugins.
- Design-minded and visually-driven, with a desire to work on both front-end and back-end code
- Detail-oriented & curious, with a drive to understand and solve technical challenges
- A self-starter, comfortable working independently and taking a high level of ownership over projects
- Dedicated to constant learning and sharing your knowledge
Bonus points if you also have…
- Experience with Google Analytics, Segment, Google Tag Manager, or similar tools
- Experience with A/B testing tools like Google Optimize or Visual Website Optimizer.
- Experience building custom Gutenberg blocks
- Experience working in an Agile development team
You’ll be responsible for…
- Developing features and improvements to our websites (Jilt.com, SkyVerge.com, hq.skyverge.com, and others)
- Benchmarking site speed and optimizing performance
- Iterating on A/B tests with our marketing team to improve conversions
- Building and maintaining tooling to enable continuous integration and deployment
- Troubleshooting challenging technical issues with our sites, integrations, and infrastructure
- Collaborating with team members across marketing, support, design, and engineering to deliver solutions that address customer, team, and company needs
- Improving our internal wiki & documentation
Why you’ll love working with us…
- Kind, wonderful teammates that enjoy their work as much as you do
- Competitive salary
- Annual company retreats (read about our last adventure in Scotland!)
- Fantastic benefits: 27 days paid time-off, full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), retirement contributions, paid parental leave, and more!
- Transparent culture (check out our team wiki)
Curious to hear more? Learn more about the position and apply here. Applications accepted through November 15th. We can’t wait to meet you!
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on any protected class. We believe when we work together as a team of different views, experiences, and ideas, we can build amazing things.