At the EY Design Studio, our team of designers, researchers, technologists and strategists work together to create superior apps, websites and software. We approach projects with the insight and perspective that come with years of experience in user-centered design and development. We specialize in creating superior experiences that are supported by research, brand strategy, and a clear understanding of business and user needs.
Aside from the world-class user experience design we deliver to leading companies, what makes us unique is our fun, transparent, highly entrepreneurial and collaborative culture. We work hard, play hard, and love what we do together. Day in and day out, we know we can count on one another.
Skills and attributes for success
We’re looking for a UX Researcher who:
• Can demonstrate competence in data-gathering and analysis techniques across qualitative and quantitative methods (e.g., usability testing, heuristic assessments, interviews, comparative/competitive analysis and observations)
• Will participate with design and development teams in brainstorms, design critiques and other collaborative discussions
• Will maintain expertise in human-computer interaction and related areas to support our design team and clients
To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction or related discipline (e.g., human factors, information studies, communication, psychology, sociology, computer science)
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
• Ability to travel, including internationally, in accordance with client and other job requirements
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Writing, publishing and conference-level presentation interest and experience
• Experience conducting user-experience research and analysis
• Master’s degree and/or experience working in the financial services industry and/or the professional services industry a plus
What we look for
• A sense of curiosity – you always ask questions and seek to understand how things work (i.e., learning new things is fun for you)
• Deductive and inductive reasoning skills; ability to apply abstract thinking and recognize patterns
• A strong work ethic and the desire to take initiative
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
• A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
• Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
• An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark. If you think everything we’ve said so far sounds great, then we look forward to hearing from you!
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Medical, Dental, Visual, life insurance
- Travel up to 40% of the year (paid travel expenses)
- Pension and 401k plans
- Minimum of 15 days of PTO plus 3 personal days and 10 sick days