Digital strategy, design thinking, and a customer-driven mindset define success in today’s business landscape. Our clients come to us with their biggest challenges and we bring a multi-disciplinary team to enable digital transformation through design and build of world-class, thoughtful solutions.
EY was recognized by Forrester Research as a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Global Digital Business Transformation Accelerators, Q1 2019. We were also named #34 on Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019.
At the EY Design Studio, our team of designers, researchers, technologists and strategists work together to create superior apps, websites and software. We approach projects with the insight and perspective that come with years of experience in user-centered design and development. We specialize in creating superior experiences that are supported by research, brand strategy, and a clear understanding of business and user needs.
Check out our studio here: https://studio.ey.com/studios/philadelphia/
We’re looking for a Senior UX Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can collaborate with our designers, researchers and strategists to create superior user experiences.
Your key responsibilities:
- Create experiences that come to life on digital devices
- Utilize user-centered design methodologies
- Implement designs with other technologists and technology organizations
- Build and testing user interfaces to our or our clients’ specifications
Skills and attributes for success
Aside from the world-class user experience design we deliver to leading companies, what makes us unique is our fun, transparent, highly entrepreneurial and collaborative culture. We work hard, play hard, and love what we do together. Day in and day out, we know we can count on one another.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in technology or a similar role
- Experience writing accessible, responsive code that performs across browsers and native devices
- Experience with Photoshop or Sketch
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field
- Knowledge of building end to end systems using Node.js is a plus
- Interest in building native mobile applications for Android and iOS using Objective-C, Swift, React Native or Java for Android
- Sass/SCSS/CSS precompiler experience preferred
- Passionate about understanding current and emerging UX trends
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Openness to occasional local or national travel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; writing, publishing and conference-level presentation skills a plus
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark. If you think everything we’ve said so far sounds great, then we look forward to hearing from you!
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Medical, Dental, Visual, life insurance
- Pension and 401k plans
- Minimum of 15 days of PTO plus 3 personal days and 10 sick days