Reporting to the Director of Applications Development, this position will consult with Business Process Specialists, Developers and Project Managers during the functional design of applications, as well as providing technical expertise and leadership to other IT professionals during solution development and implementation. Designed solutions may include integration of multiple data sources, vendor packages and custom software running on diverse platforms. Position responsibilities include development, technical documentation, testing/debugging, and operational support of mission-critical production systems.
- Five years of knowledge in developing applications using Oracle/PeopleSoft toolset or other programming languages such as .Net or JAVA
- Five years of knowledge of designing relational database tables, views, and writing and executing advanced SQL data manipulation statements
- Five years of knowledge in performing systems requirements analysis and documenting user requirements
- Five years of knowledge in critically analyzing problems or issues at the process level
- Ability to gain knowledge of ICIT’s policies, procedures, and standards in system design and specifications, program development, documentation, planning and status reporting
- Experience with large, complex Financials, Human Resources or Student Information administrative systems desired
- Knowledge in developing applications using other programming languages such as .Net or JAVA
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness and ability to be an active participant in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and skills
- Ability to interact respectfully with people from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
45% A. System Analysis/Consulting
30% C. Develop and maintain complex computer programs using computer technologies
15% B. Project Leadership
10% D. Miscellaneous responsibilities
UW-Whitewater offers great benefits! These benefits include a wonderful paid leave package, state group health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, retirement and professional development. And we have a beautiful campus nestled into some of Wisconsin’s most beautiful countryside.
CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT:
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
Only complete application packages will be considered. A complete application includes online submission of the following documents (at uww.edu/employment): • Resume/CV • Cover Letter/Letter of Interest • Three Professional/Supervisory References with names and contact information