Touro College is an institution of higher education with dozens of campus and programs spread out across the NY area, with locations on the West Coast and abroad. What sets Touro apart is not only our top-notch programs, engaged faculty members, or experiential learning opportunities, it’s our culture and curriculum that respect your commitments – to your community, your values, and your future.
Touro’s web department is looking for a front-end web developer. Within Touro, the web department is a small, tight knit team. We’re friends and co-workers and enjoy spending time with each other. If you have the skills, are looking to be part of our work family, and are excited about building good software, we’re looking for you!
- 3+ years of user facing frontend coding experience
- 3+ in PHP
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility and the ability to debug issues
- BS and/or MS in Computer Science or related degree preferred
- Collaborate with tech lead and UX/UI designer to provide useful web interfaces for our school sites
- Manage and contribute efficient code to projects from inception to completion
- Ability to interact with internal and external APIs and SDKs
- Comfort in working within 3rd party CMS applications
- Ability to identify and assess website down time and provide a course of action to fix
- Communicate best practices for front-end engineering
- Understand trade-offs between design and performance
- Assess and fix WCAG issues within our client facing applications
- CSS3, HTML5
Touro College treats all employees, students, and applicants without unlawful consideration or discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation or citizen status in all decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, the administration of its educational programs and activities, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff, suspension, expulsion and termination, and all other terms and conditions of admission, matriculation, and employment.
403b, with employer contributions after two years, paid vacation, generous holidays, short Fridays all year long, subsidized medical