Facet is disrupting the wealth management industry. Our innovative technology and unique advisor model allows us to deliver high quality financial services previously available only to the very wealthy to the 33 million mass affluents in the US. As a company, our goals are:
- Help millions of Americans achieve their financial goals through high quality financial advice previously not available
- Build the next generation of financial planning and financial life management tools that redefine how wealth management is delivered
- Create a company culture that is as fun as it is stimulating
Our Promise to You
- A-players: Life is too short to work with people who aren’t rockstars
- Data Wins: We are objective to a fault
- Integrity: Helping people with their money requires incredible trust. We do not take this lightly.
- Everyone Has a Voice: Great ideas can come from anywhere. We will always listen
- Continuous Improvement: we commit to always asking how we can be better, in everything that we do (including the hiring process!)
Working as Facet Wealth’s UI Developer, you will be a critical piece in developing our product for our lead planners & clients. You’ll work alongside our Engineering & Product teams to implement designs and improvements to our systems through front-end & UI development from iterated designs. We’re working to improve the financial lives of millions and this role will have an impact on that by providing amazing user experiences for all our users.
We expect you to be a front-end ninja, with a deep passion for building beautiful interfaces with high usability. Ideally you have a great interest in learning new tools, tackling large problems and complex UI layout and interactions, with a willingness to explore for the ideal solution to maintain a high-level of design integrity.
There is a tremendous amount of growth potential at Facet - your growth opportunities are virtually unlimited. We are truly passionate about helping realize our team members’ potentials, and really value passion, sense of ownership and a culture of commitment as we grow our company.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Education: BA/BS in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Graphic Arts, or related field, OR equivalent experience
- Experience: 3+ years of experience of web development including Responsive / PWA
- Working knowledge of web typography, graphics & best practices - ie: knowing when you should use a SVG vs a PNG and the difference, also a good understanding of font weights / working with licensed web fonts.
- Obsessive attention to design detail during implementation - pixel perfect means acceptance criteria for us!
- Strong portfolio of shipped works / with interactive examples
- Advanced Charting (custom (hand-built) & open-source (re:charts, ant design, etc..))
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs conceptually and for consumption
- Software development best practices (git, testing/QA, etc)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Desire to push oneself to learn and grow on a daily basis
- Desire and ability to work both independently and in a pair programming environment
- Desire and ability to receive direct feedback and mentorship
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with React.js, Adobe XD, Sketch
- Experience using frontend toolchains such as Gulp, Grunt or Webpack
- Experience translating high-fidelity mockups into elegant, accessible interfaces
- Knowledge of testing concepts (unit, integration, regression, performance) and experience with testing frameworks such as Selenium, Jasmine, Mocha & Chai, Jest
- Documentation of best practices
- Experience with QA/Debug layout issues on various browsers & devices
- Competitive salary and significant equity: we pay up for the best talent
- Unlimited vacation: we trust you
- All the benefits: health insurance, 401(k), etc (oh, and a dedicated financial planner)
- Work with the best: see our A-player credo above
- Take a shot at helping millions of people live better financial lives
Please submit portfolio URL with your application.