Flickerbox, Inc. is a twenty-year-old digital marketing agency with offices in San Francisco, CA, and Portland, OR. We specialize in website design, development, and maintenance, and all things online marketing. Our clients include Okta, Stitch Fix, Airship, BetterUp, and SamsungNEXT, to name a few. We offer excellent benefits and a fun, vibrant working environment, so be ready to dive in.
Flickerbox is looking for a Senior Designer to join the growing team in our Portland office. You are an experienced, creative, and thoughtful designer, with excellent attention to detail and a sense of ownership over all the projects you touch. You understand that great communication starts with listening. Maybe you’ve even been lucky enough to learn, first hand, that ego and inflexibility can kill the creative process. A strong work ethic is part of your core because you love what you do and you thrive in an environment where you can learn, contribute, and teach every day.
You want to be the design lead on your own project team. You want to be a vocal contributor to our regular internal conversations around solving our clients’ design problems, and improving our internal processes. And you enjoy presenting your ideas to clients as much as you like doing the work itself.
About the Role
The Senior Designer works directly with our clients, our producers, other designers, and our development team to build well-designed experiences for our customers, which drive leads and increase customer engagement. Designers at Flickerbox work on website projects from start to finish and are involved with all aspects of the design and development phases, from early discovery to final asset output in production. Because we’re a small team, our designers have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients and to work on multiple projects/initiatives at once. And as we continue to grow our department, Senior Designers will be asked to mentor upcoming designers in the department and organization as a whole.
- 5+ years of professional experience in web and digital media design (preferably at an agency or internal corporate marketing team)
- An outstanding portfolio of distinctive digital website product/experience designs
- Skilled in Adobe CS and Sketch
- Experience designing B2B and/or consumer-facing websites
- Expert knowledge of UI, UX, and web standards and tools; Mastery of contemporary design and prototyping best practices and tools
- Mastery of fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines and principals; Strong typography, color theory, layout, and visual design skills.
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Extremely organized with high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, drive multiple projects at a time, and iterate quickly
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines within fast-paced, multiple project timetables
- Listen, ask questions, and collaborate with clients and internal team towards creating the best possible design outcomes for our clients
- Complete projects and individual tasks within budget and scheduling requirements
- Successfully communicate, present, and defend conceptual ideas, detailed designs, and design rationale, both verbally and visually, to client and internal project stakeholders
- Create wireframes that communicate interaction details and user flows
- Create visual design mockups that meet brand, project, and business goals
- Concept and implement graphical design elements across a variety of mediums
- Work closely with development team to see design through development and client review\
- Lead and collaborate with others to define/improve internal design processes
- Lead and drive internal Flickerbox design projects
Benefits include health insurance, dental & vision, generous vacation, 401k matching program, learning and development programs, a MacBook Pro and 27” monitor, budget for conferences, events and training, and most importantly, a healthy work/life balance!