If you’re looking for an opportunity to create interactive solutions across web, mobile, and other digital media, this role is for you! Our product designers are responsible for designing delightful user experiences, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and creating user interfaces that solve users’ pain points. We’re specifically seeking a product designer to take the lead on the design of our sister site, 55places.com.
55places® is the number one resource for anyone searching for information about active adult communities in the United States. On 55places.com, you’ll find unbiased information and reviews of over 2,000 active adult communities that include photos, videos, in-depth descriptions, floor plans, listings of homes for sale, and reviews. We’re a licensed brokerage with a network of expert agents around the country dedicated to helping homebuyers find the active adult community and new home they’re looking for.
What you’ll Be doing as a Product Designer:
- Applying your UI and UX skills to an established consumer-facing product with a lot of opportunity for improvement.
- Defining problems and goals, mapping user flows, and prototyping interactions.
- Create end-to-end solutions through ideation, user research, wireframing, design iteration, and collaborating with engineers.
- Getting to know the hopes, dreams, and quirks of our user base, then creating elegant yet practical solutions to meet their needs.
- Making lo-fi and hi-fi prototypes, then polishing them to be production-ready.
- Being the go-to resource for the engineers building your work.
We think you could be really successful if you:
- Thrive on presenting your work and explaining your thought process.
- Take initiative and act on opportunities for improvement.
- Love advocating for users and inspiring a culture of design thinking.
- Can handle the details for multiple projects and deadlines.
- Seek to learn from your colleagues (not compete with them.)
- Believe iteration is the best path to improvement.
Basic requirements to do the job:
- A minimum of 5 years in a Product Designer or UX/UI Designer role.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision or other collaborative design software
- A digital portfolio is required for consideration.
Bonus points if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Product Design, Interactive Design or other related field.
- Experience doing user research, conducting surveys, and synthesizing insights.
- Experience leveraging motion, animation and transitions to convey a message.
- Print design experience.
- The standards: insurance, 401k with match, flexible PTO, and casual dress code
- Paid parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter program
- West Loop neighborhood (easy commute and lots of food options)
- Volunteer and charity opportunities
- Cold-brew coffee on tap
- Transparent and approachable leadership and management
- Help make a difference in the lives of homeowners across the country
Neighborhoods.com is an equal opportunity employer for people from all different backgrounds. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, or age. We strive to foster an inclusive environment that is comfortable for everyone. We will not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
401k with match up to 4%; Paid parental leave programs; really great health insurance; cold brew coffee on tap; kitchen with plenty of snacks, beverages, and sunlight; Employee homebuyer program; Flexible PTO