Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling.
Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
Meow Wolf is seeking a Technical Product Manager to work with the digital team to understand the “why” of requirements from stakeholders and translate them into the “why and how” with the digital development team.
This role is focused on having a holistic understanding of the product being worked on by the digital team. The Technical Product Manager is there from the start of the chaotic artistry of dreaming it up, recognizing the value to our customers, and understanding how to simplify the engineering and execution of the dream.
Success in this role is dependent on being highly self-motivated and self-managed, organized, always open to feedback/critique, and extremely collaborative. Leaping buildings in a single bound will certainly earn you bonus points towards success.
The Technical Product Manager works directly with Project Managers, Digital Director, UX Designers, and Engineers to create customer experiences that are akin to building a giant robot and getting it out of a vending machine to fight Godzilla.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Owning and evangelizing the product vision, and carrying it through to release and beyond.
- Owning our product roadmaps and prioritizing building what matters most to achieve organizational goals and customer needs.
- Works closely with Creative Direction and other key stakeholders to understand the reasons and priorities behind products being built.
- Working closely with UX and Design in order to help set up regular user testing cycles, and deliver a product that will delight and exhilarate Meow Wolf visitors.
- Working closely with software and infrastructure engineers to outline technical tasks that ensure that the product is scalable but meets the original vision and intention.
- Working closely with project management in order to gauge timelines and the ability to meet requirements.
- Assisting in the rapid prototyping of UI interactivity and interpreting and understanding the results of user testing to make better feature decisions and prioritization.
- Defining the release process and coordinating all of the activities required to bring a product to market.
- A strong understanding of the tools and technologies involved in designing and building interactive software experiences.
- A keen knowledge of what is possible in modern Android, iOS, and web development and of design and interaction patterns and trends within each.
- Ability to lead and direct design thinking for a wide range of products.
- Expert knowledge of UI design principles and techniques, including responsive design and mobile UI.
- Strong team management skills, with proven experience mentoring or managing other team members.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, high-stress product process under minimal supervision.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to present work to executives and large groups.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or information technology.
- 5-7 years of experience in the field of product/project management, with a focus on technical requirements for enterprise applications that are complex, high-volume, and high profile.
- Ability to proactively identify and address issues independently.
- Coding experience of any kind and specifically experience with React components are also preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with the members of the Digital team and provide visual interpretations of feedback from these communications.
For Special Physical Demands & Working Environment please see Physical Demands and Work Environment Documentation Check Off List.
This position is in an open office setting with the Digital team.
This is a full time position with core hours Monday through Friday between 9am-5pm
- Cultural Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence
- Conflict Management
- Organizational Advocate
- Team Leadership
- Creative Leadership
- Job Knowledge
Travel is not generally required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.