– Accepting applications
Labs at Framestore is a collection of developers, designers, techies, producers and creatives who create brand experiences that employ technology and creativity to create cinematic experiences. Labs at Framestore is expanding and we need quick witted people on board. We find attitude as important as experience, we like people with a can-do attitude.
This role is a “full stack” web development role within Framestore’s Immersive division. You will have the opportunity to work on greenfield projects and enhancement of existing applications. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working independently or closely within a team, have strong communication skills and a passion for programming.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- PHP or Python programming, used as a web backend and for stand-alone scripts and applications.
- Experience with Drupal and ideally with at least one more popular back-end framework
- SQL databases with experience of schema design, debugging and performance issues.
- A solid grasp of HTML/CSS
- Experience developing RESTful/JSON APIs
- Attention to detail, from software architecture through to visual style and usability.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing directly with other developers and non-developers.
- Have troubleshooting/problem-solving ability. The work will often involve identifying and trying to fix problems within web pages
- An understanding of the role of popular frameworks, libraries, and web build tooling; when to use them and when not to.
- Comfortable working with a team and using a modern version control system like git.
- Experience of at least one modern MV* framework or library for SPAs, like AngularJS or ReactJS.
- General GNU/Linux experience.
- Well organised and structured in approach, Bitbucket, Github
- Design, programming, testing, deployment and maintenance of software that meets real-world needs.
- Maintaining and extending existing software - proprietary and open source.
- Collaborating with sysadmins on deployment and administration.
- Development of UI, UX and data visualization.
- Multi-touch interactive tables/walls with dynamic content and cool interfaces
- Permanent installations in the public arena for industry-leading clients
- Museum, gallery, in-store, trade show - we install our work all over the place!
- Massive real-time data visualisations
- Web applications
- Interactive games where you have to run around!
- Loads of other cool, interesting and ‘stable’ bespoke software and hardware projects