Smart Nora is a Toronto based growth phase company that has improved sleep and relationships for tens of thousands of couples around the world. Our debut product is the world’s most comfortable snoring solution and has been listed on Oprah’s Favorite Things, as well as Good Morning America, TIME, TODAY and BBC to name a few.
We are an ambitious, tight-knit team of 11 with an open work environment and a self-directed approach. We work out of our office at King+Spadina in a weekly cadence of Monday kick-offs, Wednesday lunch & learns, and Friday report backs - taking a lot of pride in our individual work and holding one another accountable for producing great work.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Toronto. This is a full-time, salaried, in-house role.
Smart Nora Office, 461 King Street West, Toronto.
What you would do:
- Develop and maintain in-house written applications and programs
- Choose the technology stack to design and deliver best in class mobile applications and experiences for either iOS and/or Android
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, designers and QA analysts to create best in class software
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to create and update standards for project delivery
- Participate in technical design and planning discussions
- Collaborate closely with UX designers to build new features and delight our members
- Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating automated tests, and monitoring performance
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Plan and estimate features the roadmap to determine the next sprint goals
- 3+ years experience developing for the iOS platform
- 3+ years experience with native iOS development (iOS SDK, Swift, Objective C, Cocoa Touch)
- First-rate architectural design, coding and debugging skills
- Experience with mobile testing and test cases
- Experience with planning and writing technical documentation
- Proficient working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, and other core AWS technologies is a plus.
- Experience in mobile application development outside of iOS (React Native, Android, etc.) is a plus
- Experience in DSP algorithm design and implementation is a plus (FFT, IIR, FIR)
- Grasp of scientific computation in MATLAB is a plus
Resume + LinkedIn profile