Blacklane provides an outstanding ground travel experience in over 300 cities and 55 countries worldwide. Our success comes from a collaboration of more than 400 people from 60 nations and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us! Blacklane PASS (premium airport services and solutions) is our new service providing peace of mind at 500 airports around the world. Help us solve the challenges of moving travellers around the world and support a thriving community of professional driver.
The Senior UI Designer will lead the application of our new brand across the Blacklane product ecosystem. You will guide the Product Design team in raising the level of visual UI for our consumer and service-provider responsive websites, native apps, internal tools, and other service touchpoints.
- You will work with talented research and design colleagues to ensure all of our products are complementary and work well together for all of our end users. Learn the ins and outs of how our consumer, supplier and internal products interact.
- You will collaborate across design, development and product teams to create a new design system that helps us design and iterate faster and improve consistency and usability across all of our products.
- Partner with UX and Product to improve existing features and workflows and develop new ones.
- Collaborate closely with development teams to ensure all details of visual designs are delivered to pixel-perfection.
- Contribute your expertise and research to improve team processes. Help improve communication across teams, and implement efficient workflows and use of tools.
- We are looking for a T-shaped designer with deep skills in visual design. You have knowledge of theory and 5+ years experience of UI design focused on digital products. A mix of mobile/responsive web and app work is desired. Experience working with multiple agile teams is a big plus.
- You have experience contributing to user experience deliverables (architecture, user flows, wireframes). You are a holistic thinker who understands when changes are made in one product, the others must be consistent and positively affected.
- You like to share your knowledge and will mentor/pair with your fellow Designers, participate in regular feedback sessions, and discuss best practices. You’re able to respectfully challenge assumptions and build consensus. You value a healthy design feedback culture and are enthusiastic about building it throughout the company.
- You take ownership of a topic, bringing good ideas to life, and guide them through to ship. You can prioritize and adjust to the realities of limited time and resources.
- You are an expert with Sketch. You are familiar with industry prototyping tools, Zeplin, and JIRA but expect to be learning new tools regularly.
- Fluency in English is required, other languages are a plus.
- A degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication or similar is preferred, but your actual work is more important to us.
More than a Job:
- Work in an interesting, complex problem-solving space with people on the move: those providing service in vehicles and airports all over the world, and those using that service, trying to get to their meetings and back without stress. It’s a rich and fun field for design, with diverse user groups and many service touchpoints.
- Freedom and responsibility to own UI solutions and processes and the support to grow your career in the direction you want to move toward.
With your application, please include a strong portfolio that demonstrates process and breadth, and the ability to turn ideas into a compelling solution. Show us how you work and what you consider: sketches, wireframes, iterations, prototypes, final UI designs and transitions that became a product.