LGND is a digital storytelling agency based in Washington D.C. that builds products and launches ideas. We make complex issues approachable and actionable through insights, design and technology. Our goal every day is to help good ideas win, and the Production Manager will be integral in doing so.
We’re looking for a Production Manager to join our team and create a silky-smooth production process. The successful candidate will coordinate between the Strategy and Creative teams to manage workflow, capacity, and priorities across projects, ensuring that they are completed on time, on budget, and without any fire drills.
More than a day-to-day project manager, the Production Manager will look over the entire system, forecasting creative resource needs and strategizing to solve challenges before they arise. The ideal candidate loves to spin several plates, understands what makes a team tick, and refuses to leave a problem unsolved. This role will keep you on your toes, and your impact will be critical to our rapidly growing agency. A successful Production Manager will become absolutely vital to LGND.
Production Manager’s responsibilities
- Work directly with cross-functional teams to scope projects and ensure timeliness and profitability throughout project life cycle
- Build systems to track company-wide capacity, forecast future needs, and evolve our production process
- Implement project management software to set up teams for success and ensure information is accurate and ultimately helpful to getting the job done
- Lead weekly resourcing planning and drive communication between creative and strategy teams to prioritize workloads across multiple projects
- Manage day-to-day resourcing and convene stakeholders as necessary to ensure alignment across teams
- Provide project status on a regular basis, spotlighting scope creep, and managing changes as needed
- Work with tight deadlines while being extremely organized for accurate and timely delivery of projects.
Production Manager’s typical background and skills
- A minimum of 5 years of project or program management experience within a communication, marketing/advertising agency, or a production company setting
- Previous experience working directly in creative production teams (designers, art directors, writers, developers) and helping to manage the development, design, and launch of experiences across multiple products and platforms (mobile, websites, social, print, brand activation)
- Proven track record of project and program management experience in technology development engagements, preferably in an Agile or Scrum environment
- Advanced understanding of project management software – what works, what doesn’t, and what’s possible with the right systems in place
- Strong understanding of websites, content management systems, social media, design lifecycle, and user experience. In short, you’ll need to have a baseline, intuitive understanding for how this type of work gets done
- Able to motivate, support and understand their teammates. You have easily worked with everyone from our visual designers to tech developers to content strategists
- A history of exceeding performance goals in a fast-paced environment
- A relentless problem-solver comfortable managing projects from beginning to end
- Cool under pressure with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
LGND is committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment. LGND does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
Full benefits, annual team retreat, and working on some of today’s most important issues.
Please include a cover letter with your resume.