Choosing your next job as a UX/UI designer usually means choosing an industry, a company, and a product to work in until you get the itch for something new. Objective offers you the chance to work on a variety of projects for a variety of clients in a variety of industries, but we also create and launch our own software products. We feel like we’ve found a pretty ideal balance.
We’re a small team in a great remodeled downtown warehouse space. We all enjoy working and learning together, and we all leave our egos at the door when we get to work. Oh, and you’ll have every other Friday off. That means 26 three-day weekends per year. Hello, hobbies.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Engage in a variety of projects including web applications, mobile applications, software, and sites from concept to execution
- Anticipate the user’s needs, advocate for them, and ensure that the final product feels simple, functional, inspired, elegant, and even magical
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills as you simplify complexity and bring highly creative ideas to development
- Maintain attention to detail, a sense for fluff-free design, and commitment to creating elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows
- Create user flows and wireframes, build mockups and prototypes, and bring the interfaces to life with high-quality graphics, layouts, buttons, animations, diagrams, illustrations, icons, audio/visual cues, logos, and much more
Required Skills & Experience
What do we want from you? It’s pretty simple, really.
- This is not a remote-work position. You must be located in the SLC area and able to work in-office most of the time.
- Required: 1-2 years experience in UX/UI Design, a similar role, or equivalent education in a related program.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating web or mobile application UX/UI experience.
- Clear communication - asking the right questions to understand needs and explaining relevant thinking to various stakeholders.
- Excellent listening and empathy skills to get into each user’s shoes.
- Powerful problem solving skills to understand and navigate complex project requirements.
- Hyper attention to detail - not just a pixel pusher, but someone who designs for the details.
- Experience in design tools such as Sketch, InVision, or Adobe XD.
- HTML and CSS skills aren’t required, but would be nice.
Here’s what you’ll get at Objective:
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Retirement plan with full match
- Gym reimbursement
- Every other Friday off
- Downtown office next to Trax and FrontRunner stations
- Stocked kitchen with sodas and snacks
Please include a resume and portfolio showcasing your relevant work.