Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass, and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
Our digital guest experience is the defining strategic imperative of the E-Commerce, FrontEnd team. The Lead UI Developer is responsible for planning, developing, and supporting the user interface layer of our large-scale, guest facing, web commerce applications and websites. You’ll work alongside business stakeholders, visual designers, UX architects, Java technical leads, QA analysts, and application architects in a collaborative environment to iteratively deliver solutions on time and on budget. You will leverage the latest front-end technologies, tools, and frameworks to produce UIs that push industry standards for accessibility, usability, and performance. We want someone who can not only develop amazing experiences, but also collaborate effectively with our award-winning Visual Design, User Experience, Development Operations, and Java Services teams.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivery Leadership - Must have experience leading groups of 2-8 UI Developers in an onshore/offshore model with agile delivery methods. Should have experience collaborating with enterprise UX standards and brand governance teams. Must be able to help translate business issues into detailed requirements, delivery plans, and graceful code that solves origin problems.
- Solution Development – In addition to mentoring junior members of the FrontEnd team, participate with management to build out the FrontEnd practice at Ulta, including (but not limited to) assessing/training vendor augmentation resources, improving estimation models, documenting solution practices, interviewing/hiring, API contract negotiation, and project level staffing decisions.
- Process/Tools Champion – Leverage field experience to research and install improvements to our delivery methodology as related to atomic/modular design integration, testing practices (Unit, End-to-End, BDD), API integration, front-end build tools, accessibility standards, security best practices, continuous integration procedures, error logging, performance optimization, and the like.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION
- 5+ years demonstrated experience developing Web applications (React (preferred), Angular, Vue).
- Knowledge and experience in developing UIs that integrate with enterprise CMS and Ecommerce systems using agile methodologies.
- Phenomenal communicator who can explain and present concepts to technical and non-technical audiences alike, including high level decision makers.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, a related field, or comparable field experience.
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences).