Vector Media Group is seeking for a full-time Product Manager in the NYC area to join our team immediately. We’re a growing interactive agency of 50 people in Manhattan’s Flatiron District with great clients (like Google, Airbnb, &pizza, Twelve South, Etsy, The Associated Press, New York City, St. Regis, Columbia University, and WPP) and an incredible roadmap.
Your role is to create solutions that bring together end-user needs and business goals. Working within a multidisciplinary team, you will have direct ownership over the ideal balance of features and functionality to ensure original business goals are met. Product Managers are the bridge between strategy and implementation, both at the time of launch and beyond with future iterations of the products we create.
- Plan the project vision and roadmap with all key project stakeholders, including clients, project managers, designers, tech leads, and business development.
- Be proactive in recommending cutting edge solutions and emerging technologies to clients, backing yourself up with hard data when possible.
- Provide constructive feedback and “challenge” ideas that may not be entirely in line with the product strategy and vision.
- Build, edit, and maintain product backlog with support from internal teams and the client.
- Support the Project Manager in daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings, Sprint Reviews, and Retrospectives.
- Ensure the product vision is visible, transparent, and shows what the team will work on next.
- Gather, create, and define user stories (epics, themes, and features), including creating acceptance criteria
- Take ownership of Vector’s output through participation in client demos of work in progress/complete.
- Continuously improve process and workflow with internal teams through project retrospectives, ensuring the product vision can be delivered within defined time and budget parameters.
- Work with the QA team during acceptance and launch phases to ensure the vision has been met.
- Work with Vector’s Business Development team to identify new opportunities for our current clients.
- Create and maintain functional documentation and user flow diagrams.
- Communicate directly with clients, alongside the rest of the Vector team and our Project Managers.
- Excels at turning complex and technical concepts into actionable items to be planned, prioritized, and integrated into the team’s roadmap.
- Experience in brand and digital strategy, including qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Extremely strong communication skills both internally and externally.
- Can say “no” appropriately when necessary to maximize the value of product and overall vision.
- Ability to coordinate between multiple groups of project stakeholders in multiple locations.
- Ability to interact with clients in a professional manner.
- Flexible hours.
- Paid vacation policy.
- Summer Fridays.
- Lunch paid for by the company every day, via Seamless.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Eligible for Simple IRA.
- Perks/discounts from many stores and services via Fond.
Submit a resume and cover letter indicating your previous experience, why you want this job, and notable project examples to the attention of Ben Smith.