Design Within Reach Inc. is looking for a Digital Art Director to join our in-house creative team at our headquarters in Stamford, CT. As the Digital Art Director, you will partner with the Creative Director in the development of DWR’s brand across all digital media. You will also collaborate with teams, such as editorial, creative, marketing – on assorted projects, including emails, digital advertising, social-first advertising and storytelling, web store campaign pages and product pages. The Digital Art Director will help develop new standards for the digital communication of the DWR brand. You have digital design experience including extensive knowledge of UX/UI best practices and new technologies. You are comfortable in telling brand and product stories using video, motion graphics, photography, and typography and know best when and how to use these media for cross-channel promotions. The Digital Art Director is both an exceptional creative and a creative problem solver. An interest in modern furniture, design history and photography is a plus. You will report to the Vice President of Creative.
What you’ll do:
You’ll have opportunities to design, achieve and build relationships every day as you…
- Conceptualize and develop digital communications including websites, microsites, assets for mobile-optimized campaigns, targeted emails and email blasts (with A/B testing), banner advertisements and social-first communications.
- Develop project management solutions and workflows that integrate input from fellow creatives and eCommerce marketing team members.
- Meet deadlines in a growing environment with attention to maximizing return on investment within given budget and timeframes.
- Partner with developers and programmers to ensure designs are functionally and technologically sound while challenging the brand to experiment with (and take risks on) new UX/UI.
- Test and develop new digital design standards (graphic, typographic, motion, etc.) across all channels.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of product communication for both B2C and B2B audiences following marketing best practices and DWR brand positioning.
- Manage creative and digital production teams; reviewing and approving all work at the key stages of each project.
- Manage change requests expediently and communicate to the necessary team members.
- Identify and grow our roster of external collaborators and creatives.
- Conceptualize and collaborate closely with Digital Editorial Director and the entire creative team to create fully integrated campaigns.
- Effectively present ideas to team members, executives and clients.
- Mentor the creative team and lead by example.
Does this sound like you?
This might be you if you have the following skills and abilities…
- 6-10 years of related experience. Development of video for digital channels necessary.
- Have a deep passion and curiosity for all things digital and social.
- BFA or higher in Interactive/Graphic Design or similar area of study.
- Exceptional understanding of UX/UI design principles and responsive design across all channels including mobile.
- Social media expert with a keen eye for developing trailblazing, compelling content.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work well in a highly collaborative environment while staying on task and respecting budget constraints.
- Ability to meet hard deadlines and manage multiple projects while still producing high-quality work.
- A great attitude and love of collaboration to solve creative problems.
- Able to convert digital artwork into functioning web pages and mobile-first experiences.
- Strong design portfolio that reflects a deep understanding of interactive design and all of the above skills and abilities.
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision.
As a Digital Art Director, you’ll be eligible for DWR’s comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, parental leave, green transit subsidy and more.
Design Within Reach is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.