Career Opportunity for Innovative and Forward-Thinking Director of Design
We are raising the bar in the healthcare industry for our med-tech clients and are seeking a forward-thinking Director of Design to join our dynamic product innovation team. This individual will be a leader for Kaleidoscope’s design activities throughout each stage of product development for our industry-leading clients in med-tech, consumer and high-tech. This role is a subject matter expert on medical device product design and demonstrates outstanding leadership in product ideation/creation with a keen ability to solve the toughest design problems.
- Leads the Industrial Design and UI/UX team in the development of human-centered product designs and oversees project work.
- Develop strong client relationships and create meaningful connections between the Design & UX/UI team and clients.
- Manages team to generate aesthetic solutions to meet functional requirements, for example: ergonomics, manufacturing, branding, assembly, etc.
- Articulates design approach and rationale behind proposed design solutions to clients in a clear manner.
- Partners with clients to understand their needs and creates design briefs which leads to SOW’s.
- Adjusts and/or incorporates changes in design based on feedback from management and/or client.
- Develops and delivers project proposals to clients and presents Kaleidoscope’s product development capabilities.
- Fosters growth and development of the department by facilitating teamwork, identifying opportunities to create new processes and collaborating with colleagues at all levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Integrated Product Design or another relevant discipline, required; advanced degree preferred
- 15+ years of professional experience in product development and innovation, with at least 10 years’ experience specific to medical device development, required.
- 5+ years of experience in a client-facing role, required.
- Working knowledge of FDA content necessary for medical device pre-market submission (IEC 60601 standards), including an understanding of how to apply the principles within the ISO 14971 risk management for medical devices, required.
- Proven experience building and fostering growth and development of a design team, required.
- Experience with human-centered design methodology, including teaching or facilitating, required.
- Proactive, creative problem solver that thrives in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of latest digital tools: 2D-Adobe Suite and/or Sketchbook Pro, Painter, 3D-Alias, ProE or SolidWorks, HTML, iOS, AS3, CSS, JS
More About Kaleidoscope Innovation
As a leading innovation and design consultancy, Kaleidoscope Innovation differentiates our work and the business partners we serve through the talents of the individuals who make up our team and share our vision for transformative, human-focused solutions. Founded in 1989 Kaleidoscope Innovation focuses on lasting partnerships with both employees and clients as we work together to uncover meaningful insights; originate new ideas; and develop products, services and experiences that empower business. We offer strategically developed deep subject matter expertise across key industries, positioning us to deliver unprecedented value. Our depth of knowledge provides a catalyst that generates new insights, ideas, products and services.
Our team of talented strategists, researchers, designers and engineers combine their expertise with a shared passion to make the world a better place for our clients, their customers and consumers. Our team members help further the success of industry leaders, such as Procter & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, Motorola, Ford, Smith & Nephew, Microsoft and Whirlpool.
Kaleidoscope Innovation is headquartered in Greater Cincinnati—the home of the Bengals, the Reds, and FC Cincinnati Soccer, arts and entertainment, including its own symphony, pops orchestra, ballet and opera, and is a culinary hub featuring a range of cultural, traditional and progressive dining. From historical architecture and modern design to eclectic neighborhoods and year-round outdoor seasonal spaces, Cincinnati offers something for everyone right in the heart of the Midwest.
Interested in joining our progressive team of forward-thinkers? We’d like to talk with you.