This is a remote position, but we prefer folks in America or Canada. This is a full time position, not hourly.
We’re looking for a developer with master-level skills. Ideally you should know WordPress like the back of your hand. You’ll help develop technical projects, contribute to strategic planning and collaborate on high-level user experience designs. The ideal candidate is a code expert who is passionate about clean and scalable code and is not afraid to push technical innovation.
- Awesome WordPress theme development, plugin development and general customizations
- Understanding design, UI, and UX concepts, and being able to translate these concepts to technical implementations.
- Develop HTML for sites to function on multiple browsers, maintain CSS framework, identify and resolve all issues
- Work with designers who prepare all production files in Sketch and then translate them into HTML templates
- Work with the technology team to ensure thorough and effective documentation during the development process
- Aid in the preparation of project time plans and adhere to them
- Excellent trouble shooting, time management, attention to detail and communication skills (we use Slack!)
- Extremely detail-oriented, and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
Nice to have:
- Mapping experience with things like Mapbox
- Data visualization with charting tools like amCharts and Tableau
- Back end experience with SSH, SQL, devops, servers
- 4+ years professional experience
- Proven track record of coding cutting-edge interactive projects
- Must be a self-starter with an extraordinary work ethic
- Flexibility, sense of humor, and a team mentality are assets