Vector Media Group is looking for a full-time Technical Web Services Manager in the NYC area to join our team immediately. We’re a growing interactive agency of 45+ people in Manhattan’s Flatiron District with great clients (like Google, Airbnb, &pizza, Twelve South, Etsy, The Associated Press, New York City, St. Regis, Columbia University, and WPP) and an incredible roadmap.
This position is a mix of contributing directly to projects as a member of our development team as well as managing several of our front-end and/or backend developers and providing technical leadership for projects. You’ll join our other Web Services Manager in this role. First and foremost, you’ll be a problem solver and communicator. You’ll communicate directly with clients, project managers, and other team members to understand their requirements, provide technical leadership and guidance, and help solve problems to keep projects moving. Your job will be fun, challenging, and interesting.
- Provide technical leadership for several projects, manage a team of developers, and write code for 2-3 additional projects.
- Contribute directly to client projects by implementing and improving websites built with a variety of technologies, both frontend and backend.
- Build and improve internal products, tools, and documentation.
- Manage a group of developers, helping them to set and achieve career and work-related goals, continually grow and improve in their field, and solve problems related to their work.
- Provide technical leadership throughout the project lifecycle, from estimating and planning through to development, QA, and maintenance.
- Help solve problems, wherever they arise. You don’t need to know the solution to every problem, but you need to be able to help the team find it.
- Collaborate with project managers and leadership to continually improve our processes.
- Learn new technologies on the job. We do not specialize in any one language, framework, tool, or methodology – we require our team to be resourceful when it comes to learning about shiny new things.
You may be a great fit for this role if you:
- Consider yourself a leader and are interested in developing management and technical leadership skills.
- Have management or leadership experience. While this isn’t an absolutely necessity, we are looking for someone who will bring out the best in the team they manage to keep our people and projects moving forward in the right direction.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively to any audience. You’ll be interacting with clients, project managers, and developers and need to be able to effectively translate between team members of varying levels of technical understanding.
- Are able to write high quality, well documented, and maintainable code.
- Can empathize with our clients needs and recommend the best possible technical solutions for their unique situations.
- Work on large projects with a team of multiple of engineers, UI designers, and product/project managers.
- Have digital agency or freelancing experience.
- Are an empathetic, caring, and emotionally intelligent human being - code monkeys need-not apply.
- A creative environment to do the best work of your career.
- An amazing team of developers, designers, marketers, project managers, and the occasional four-legged office pet.
- Lunch paid for by the company, every day, via your own Seamless account.
- Flexible hours.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Retirement plan with company matching.
- Perks and discounts from many stores and services— cell phone bills, hotels, rental cars, gyms, etc…
If you’re interested please apply as soon as possible, attention Ben Smith. Examples of your real-world work, including those where you were a leader or manager are more important than a perfect resume. If you worked on a project with a team, please tell us which parts you were responsible for.