About Achievement First: Achievement First, a non-profit 501(c)3 charter school management organization, operates over 30 public charter schools in Brooklyn, Connecticut and Rhode Island. The mission of Achievement First is to deliver on the promise of equal educational opportunity for all children, regardless of race or economic status. Achievement First currently educates more than 12,600 students in historically underserved neighborhoods, with over 90% of our students identifying as Black and Latino.
About Team Systems & Data: Team Systems & Data works to ensure that both the leadership and teachers at Achievement First and its network of schools have the systems, data, reports and skill sets to support strategic decision-making and to inform instructional planning.
Job Summary: Achievement First is currently seeking a passionate and creative developer to bring strong problem solving skills to a leading charter school management organization committed to using data to drive instructional improvement in its classrooms. Reporting to the lead database architect, the developer will play a key role in the build of AF’s mission critical data infrastructure. This is an excellent opportunity for in someone interested in pursuing database development or data warehousing and is eager to gain hands on experience with a wide range of technologies and frameworks.
Responsibilities of the Database Developer will include but are not limited to:
- Developing and deploying ETL pipelines towards the build of AF’s data warehouse.
- Designing and implementing integrations to synchronize AF student and staff data between multiple business systems.
- Contributing towards the architecture, design and modeling of database schemas and objects.
- Preparing data for analytics utilizing the data warehouse, relational databases and other source types.
- Monitoring and supporting production application jobs and processes.
- Providing technical support, troubleshooting guidance and knowledge transfer to constituents at AF
Skills and Characteristics:
- Strong technical and programming skills;
- Fluency with relational database design and SQL
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages such as Python, C#
- Experience with database technologies such as MS SQL Server, Postgres, Amazon Redshift, BigQuery
- Familiarity with one or more of the following technical areas is preferred
- RESTful APIs
- Source control platform such as Github
- Cloud services such as AWS
- Data integration and transformation tools such as SSIS
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; ability to work independently
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and a passion for problem-solving
- Motivated by challenges and a strong desire to learn new technologies
- Ability to write clean, modular code and deliver high quality work with strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Belief in the Achievement First mission and educational model
- Maturity, humility, sense of humor and “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or related field
- 2-3 years of work experience
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Achievement First is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. You can learn more about diversity at Achievement First here: http://www.achievementfirst.org/about-us/diversity/.
To submit an application, please attach your resume and cover letter through the linked web form. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/9a1a6f0fd0a14…