We recognize that the world is conducting business in a new way. Established in 2014 from a vision to make business better for the world, Handshake is a different type of professional services firm. We advise forward-looking businesses to leverage their business capital through data-driven, social engagement to shape global marketplaces and make their strategic plans a reality.
We use advanced analytics, years of experience, and collaboration with some of the most powerful and interesting people in the world to counsel our clients on how to use their reputation and influence to make the world better. We then bring that to life through engaging storytelling highlighting our clients as global thought leaders.
We value collaboration, excellence, and innovation, and strive to foster team work and flawless execution for our clients. Our commitment to pushing the boundaries of understanding how our clients can apply influence to achieve important outcomes is evident by our cutting-edge suite of products, Fortune 500 clients, and exceptional talent – team players who are results-driven, proactive, resourceful, unflappable, and inspiring.
We don’t just talk about how clients can use their reputation and influence, we invest in learning, understanding, and refining our thinking. This investment into our clients, firm, and people is a mindset – our cultural DNA – that has allowed us to build and deploy an innovative suite of products and services that allow our clients to succeed in our everchanging landscape.
Handshake is in search of an Art Director to work across our accounts and brand generating inspirational ideas, executing creative strategies, building tactical plans, and managing contractors and agencies alongside our Research, Client Relations, Partnerships, and Activations teams. Our Art Director must be skilled at working in a fast-paced, client-driven environment, with a functional knowledge of how ideas become reality. Through this position, you will work with an experienced team, regularly interact with clients, partners, and vendors, and make a meaningful impact on society. The objective is to deliver a consistently superior, beautiful, and creative product to our clients.
Role & Responsibilities
· Ideate and execute design concepts, creative strategy, and brand marketing
· Act as the lead or supporting creative point of contact on a variety of client accounts and our brand, articulating a clear vision on all things design while bringing meticulous planning and execution abilities
· Have an eye for aesthetics and ability to turn words and concepts into visual representations
· Draft a variety of content, including scripts, op-eds, story boards, creative briefs, media pitches, and messaging for vehicles like websites, presentations, and social media
· Work alongside client leads to build strategic and tactical plans that address client objectives and needs, including determining project milestones and drafting supporting schedules, trackers, and budgets to correspond with deadlines and reporting
· Lead communication of timelines, status updates, and potential delays to client team, as well as prepare and deliver external-facing communication of timelines
· Maintain and build long-term relationships with clients, partners, contractors, and agencies
· Implement creative processes
· Ensure timely and successful delivery of our solutions, consistently providing value to our clients, partners, and team
· Attend meetings and executive- and C-level conferences and convenings on behalf of clients and Handshake; travel as needed
· Lead and support on Handshake brand projects, including business development pitches, as needed, building Handshake’s influence and further developing our brand
· 7+ years of relevant creative account and project management experience related to a creative role, such as at a conceptual agency or digital agency
· Bachelor’s degree; design, marketing, or advertising degree or equivalent professional qualification preferred
· Highly creative with 360-degree experience from conceptualize to realization, including identifying target audiences and devising marketing, brand, and social media campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
· Experience across a variety of production outlets, including video, digital, print, and experiential spaces
· Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload, keeping pace, and utilizing superior problem solving and ideating skills
· Enthusiastic, roll-up-your-sleeves, proactive team member
· Demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly while understanding and connecting with your audience
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet objectives
· Proficient use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other visual design and wire-framing tools; ability to code or build websites is a plus
· Willing to submit professional and personal references
Unlimited PTO, flexible office hours; health, vision, and dental insurance; cell phone/Internet reimbursement; kind, driven and innovative team to collaborate with and challenge you; additional benefits; (and, the people in our photo above actually work at Handshake!)