The Product Design team at Egencia creates business travel products and services loved by over 8 million users.
Our simple, seamless travel management platform makes it a snap for the world’s largest companies to manage their complex business travel needs. Egencia’s global Product Design team is seeking a Product Designer who has a passion for travel innovation, can transform complexity into clarity, and leads by doing.
ABOUT THE WORK
We are the original disruptors in managed travel. Our culture is an empowering environment for designers who want to dig into large product design challenges. Product Designers work with feedback from our 8+ million users to directly deliver on user needs and our mission of transforming business travel. Designers don’t just create interfaces, they help build and ship sophisticated products that empower millions of business travelers, travel coordinators, and agents.
This role will be in our Chicago office, and will be driving the design direction of our Trips product and Attach initiative. Critical thinking, A/B testing, and qualitative studies will all influence the daily design decisions. The design team structure is a blended model. All design at Egencia belongs to a centralized design team that delivers a globally consistent product and brand identity. Designers also belong to pod teams of product management, development, and research, working as one to ship entire lines of business.
Product Designers at Egencia:
- Embed with Product, Engineering, Analytics, and others related to your product areas.
- Translate discovery and research insights into new hypotheses.
- Collaborate with engineers to vet out concept feasibility.
- Sketch, wireframe, prototype, and test viability with users and product partners.
- Design high-fidelity, mobile-up solutions with UI, visual, and interaction excellence.
- Work iteratively with developers to realize and ship new product.
- Advocate for and initiate product polishing to improve shipped work.
- Evaluate new insights and iterate again, quickly.
Culture is paramount. We like big thinkers with small egos. We value individual creativity, and we invest in individual growth. We work through issues as a team to design globally, and we embrace testing and learning over ‘shipping perfect.’
Product Designer requirements:
- 3-5 years experience in product thinking, ecommerce, interaction design, visual design, and design research.
- Possesses an insatiable curiosity for unraveling complexity.
- Develops knowledge of industry, competitive, complementary products.
- Ensures clear, defensible problem statements exist for design solutions.
- Delivers elegant designs to a variety of device experiences.
- Delivers results in an agile, iterative design environment.
- Portfolio demonstrates an array of product and interaction design work.
- Proficient in Sketch.
- Experience with prototyping tools (ex: Flinto, Invision, Marvel, Principle, Framer).
In addition to all of the perks that come with being a big company, we also practice what we preach when it comes to shipping global products. Norway, France, London, India, Chicago and Seattle are just some of the places your work can take you to learn from our users. We also offer leisure travel benefits, personal wellness and health equipment benefits, company sponsored events, and a culture of fun, support, and personal growth.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.