Vector Media Group is looking for a full-time Frontend Web Developer to join our team immediately. We’re a growing interactive agency of 40 people in Manhattan’s Flatiron District with great clients (like Google, Airbnb, Twelve South, Etsy, The Associated Press, New York City, St. Regis, Columbia University, and WPP) and an incredible roadmap.
- Obsessive about building great user experiences. Our in-house design team is tasked with coming up with creative UX, and they need developers that can keep up (you do not need to be a designer).
- Excited about the latest developments in page layout techniques (flexbox, grid layouts).
- Less concerned with breakpoints, and instead can build for any device, screen size, viewport, or orientation - and everything in between.
- Upset when you visit a page with unnecessary load time, cruft, obtrusive UI, or general disregard for the end user.
- Opinionated about frameworks and libraries, and know how to choose the right tool for the task at hand.
- Capable of working on a diverse range of challenging projects at once.
- Passionate about tooling, frontend automation, and build processes.
- Not afraid of contributing more than code - everyone at Vector makes presentations, leads meetings, and writes for our blog.
- An empathetic, caring, and emotionally intelligent human being - code monkeys need-not apply.
- A creative environment to do the best work of your career.
- An amazing team of developers, designers, marketers, project managers, and the occasional four-legged office pet.
- Lunch paid for by the company, every day, via your own Seamless/Maple accounts.
- Flexible hours.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Retirement plan with company matching.
- Perks and discounts from many stores and services— cell phone bills, hotels, rental cars, gyms, etc…
If you’re interested please apply as soon as possible, attention Ben Smith. Examples of your real-world work are more important than a perfect resume. If you worked on a project with a team, please tell us which parts you were responsible for.