CallisonRTKL Architects P.C. is seeking a CX/UX Designer to work in the New York Office.
- This position is passionate about using design thinking to create compelling experiences for people;
The ideal candidate is comfortable working with multidisciplinary teams - developing cross-channel concepts that fuse digital, interior design, graphic design and service design;
The position is a strong communicator visually, verbally and in writing;
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of design thinking, human-centered design, human computer interaction, and are fluent in the latest technology trends in UX;
The candidate is curious about learning the business of retail, including what makes a great retail experience in mobile, in store, and online, and how that can drive business;
The ideal candidate is an innovative problem solver, self-starter, and a strong collaborator who excels in a fast-paced environment.
CallisonRTKL is the world’s #1 retail design consultancy. While we are best known for interior architecture, our customer experience design group is growing, and needs a new team member to contribute in the areas of UX and CX.
A typical project will involve working with the Customer Experience Project Lead:
- Develops and assists in delivering design-thinking workshop charrettes for clients
Researches client business operations, the customer and the competitive landscape
Develops new concepts for customer experiences – mixing digital, interior, service and brand
Creates presentations and customer journey maps
Develops workstream analysis, business requirements and roadmaps for ongoing work
Develops wireframes and light digital prototypes for app, web and interactive content
- Undertakes market, customer, trend, feasibility and competitive research, and creates presentations to illustrate key findings
- Maps current state user journeys, identifying pain points and areas to improve the experience
- Creates sketch concepts for new customer experiences spanning digital, interior and service design
- Participates in design-thinking workshop charrettes (both internal and client-facing) contributing to the concepts and supporting the facilitator and design lead
- Develops future state user journey storyboards, illustrating new CX and UX concepts and technology, service & business requirements.
- Creates system maps, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps, and light prototypes using a combination of paper prototyping and graphics / UX Design software like Adobe Sketch, MarvelApp, XD Adobe CS, InVision, or other similar tools.
- Undertakes user testing and research to refine the design
- Prepares and delivers compelling presentations of new CX design concepts, references, benchmarks, design direction and research
- Works with the interior design team to provide recommendations to enable key experiences (note: detailed interior design is not a part of this role.)
- Collaborates effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including client teams, project/account managers, and external engineers, marketers, and tech integration teams.
- Designs visually compelling pitch decks in support of Business Development efforts, communicating CX, UX and service design processes for client understanding, incorporating relevant case study work and best practices
- Provides graphic design support within the New York studio as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in human-centered design, interaction design, industrial design, human-computer interaction, visual design or a related program
- 3-5 years of professional experience design experience
- Solid understanding of user interface design, information architecture and user experience best practices
- Highly skilled at graphics and UX design software like Adobe Sketch, Adobe CC, InVision, Marvel, XD etc.
- Working knowledge of common programming languages e.g. Python, Java, C++ etc. preferred
- Exceptional verbal communication, visual communication and presentation skills
- Excellent people & client management skills to collaborate with colleagues and cross-functional teams
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
TO APPLY: Please submit application through career webpage https://www.callisonrtkl.com/careers/
TO APPLY: Please submit application through career webpage.