- Interpret designs and transform them into a rich cross-platform/device web experience.
- Ability to rapidly prototype interfaces to finalize an experience in the browser as well as build long term scalable, maintainable, performant production code.
- Visualize how a static design will be coded. Proactively flag challenging areas and and offer alternatives, as well as identifying areas for greater code reuse.
- Ability to implement designs and advanced UI concepts that align with current industry and project accessibility standards.
- Able to estimate front end work for a project and modularize goals into clearly defined, executable tasks.
- Ability to lead the front-end strategy for a project and make impactful decisions about the methodologies recommended to a client.
- At least five years experience with front-end engineering, web development, web engineering, or a similar field.
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS (Sass) including cross-browser compatibility and WCAG accessibility compliance.
- Strong understanding of WordPress theming.
- Experience with coded style guides and creating highly componentized systems.
- Experience using Git.
- Proven ability to transform a static comp into a website from the ground up.
- Good understanding of ad implementations.
- Experience in task runners and bundlers like: Grunt, Gulp, and Webpack.
- Being collaborative, self-motivated, and an “always-learning” person, excited to create great web experiences.
- Code portfolio. Link us to your GitHub account, upload a .zip, or both (original files are helpful to get a sense of your PHP code structure and file organization).
Nice to have
- Moderate PHP experience.
- Experience in mentoring and leading a team.
- Experience and expertise with third party integrations and client-side APIs.
- Strong ability to communicate with client stakeholders, both technical and non-technical, about the impact of decisions around markup approach, cross-platform responsive interaction, performance, and topics like accessibility and internationalization.
-Competitive pay, -Meeting-free Fridays -Work from anywhere, -Brand new Apple work computer -Annual all-hands company meetup (previous locations include Jackson Hole & Puerto Rico) -Annual professional development budget, -Paid parental leave -Health insurance & 401k (for U. S. employees)