Media Matters for America — a progressive, Washington, D.C.-based, nonprofit research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media — seeks a Digital Producer to help us advance our mission by supporting our digital platforms and communities.
The Digital Producer is a member of the Research and Engagement team, assisting with content production, community management, and analysis across Media Matters’ digital platforms, including the organization’s website, social platforms, and email program. The ideal candidate will be a creative, detail-oriented individual who is excited to work collaboratively to engage supporters in a high-pressure, quickly changing environment.
- Reports To: The Digital Producer reports to the Deputy Director, Social Media and Engagement.
- Digital Production: Assist in the production of assets for Media Matters’ website, emails, and social media platforms.
- Community Management: Assist in managing Media Matters’ supporter communities — through platforms like email, our website, and social media — in accordance with and to advance Media Matters’ overall digital strategy.
- Analysis: Compile reports on digital performance, analyze the data for takeaways and trends, and contribute feedback and ideas for future content.
- Must have a strong interest in Media Matters’ mission and an understanding of the effects conservative misinformation has on our public debate.
- Minimum of 1 year of professional experience with social media platforms is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of photo and video editing software is preferred.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Tweetdeck, Facebook Insights, or email marketing tools is a bonus.
- Must have interest in monitoring and identifying emerging digital trends.
Media Matters for America offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply:
Please visit https://www.mediamatters.org/jobs to apply through our online portal. No phone calls, please. We can respond only to candidates whom we are contacting for an interview.
Media Matters for America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or disability