Slack is hiring a Senior Communication Designer on our Web Design team to help us tell the world about Slack through thoughtfully crafted content and engaging experiences. You’ll be joining a dynamic group of designers, artists, and writers on our Communication Design team to build awareness of the Slack brand and product benefits. Designers serve a vital role here: from the craft and finish of every detail on our high-traffic public-facing websites, to designing the look and feel of multiple customer-facing touchpoints. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. The ideal candidate for this role should have experience designing for the end-to-end marketing flow—from developing social campaigns and strategies to refining the perfect concept and design of a retargeting email.
Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the communication design team to scale and amplify the Slack brand in new ways across our website and digital channels
- Design for a wide range of projects including web, email, social, and performance marketing to create a consistent narrative across all marketing touchpoints
- Help define and extend Slack’s visual language and implementation across our online and digital channels
- Help define the strategy and visual output around the inbound and outbound user experiences for new customer acquisition
- Partner with our global marketing team, engineers, copywriters, and product designers to shape the brand personality of Slack
What you should have
- 8+ years of extensive and relevant work experience on a communication design team, either on an in-house product-oriented team or part of an agency
- An outstanding portfolio with a demonstrable foundation in design systems, user experience, creative strategy, and concept ideation
- Experience collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Ability to take ownership of large multichannel projects from start to finish
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions (Slack and InVision experience is a plus)
- Experience partnering with marketing and engineering to develop the strategy, implementation, and rationale for project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Please provide a portfolio showcasing your most recent work.