EVERYTHING BUT THE HOUSE (EBTH) is the world’s premier marketplace for one-of-a-kind items headquartered in Cincinnati, OH. EBTH was born out of a passion for antiques, the thrill of discovering something special, and a commitment to creating a unique global auction platform with an enthusiastic community of buyers and sellers. Whether sellers are looking to sell a collection, an entire estate or just a single unique item, EBTH’s full-service model – photography, cataloging, payment and delivery – makes the process easy and worthwhile. For buyers, the reach of an e-commerce platform and the starting bid of $1 for all items means they can access an impressive range of collectibles— from a purse to a Picasso – from anywhere in the world.
We ‘re seeking a Product Designer with a passion for product focused user interactions to join our technology team. As a team we are constantly iterating and refining our solutions through research, testing, and data insights; while working closely with engineer teammates to execute our solutions.
As a young company, we move fast and take risks – and while this will be a very demanding position, you’ll be surrounded by a passionate team of individuals that are dedicated to the common goal of drastically changing the way that personal property is sold, bought, and moved across the country and across the world – and we have a lot of fun while we’re doing it!
TASKS YOU’LL BE JUGGLING
- Facilitate our product vision by researching, conceiving, wire framing, prototyping, and building user experiences for all of our digital products, across a wide range of devices/platforms.
- Closely collaborate with various teams to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet their needs and vision.
- Clearly and effectively communicate your design processes, ideas, and solutions.
- Give and receive constructive design feedback. Use feedback to efficiently and intelligently iterate your work.
- Contribute to the maintenance, refinement, and socialization of our design systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree.
- 3+ years of design experience. Experience designing solutions for complex business rules/systems and/or across multiple platforms is a major plus.
- Expertise in your tools. We primarily use Sketch, Invision, and Creative Cloud.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.