The Development Director will manage partner agency integration and maintain strong working relationships with the client. The Development Director will oversee the website Developers and provide situational awareness to the Production Director and President.
- Lead development team with a strong focus on business outcomes.
- Lead other developers in programming, design, and architecture best practices and principles.
- Participate in web application development, design, and architecture to include front- and back-end technology.
- Identify new areas of technology opportunity beyond current organizational thinking.
- Serve as a liaison and primary point of contact for cross-functional partners, acting as a project manager to evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage, implement, and test technology initiatives.
- Develop, train, lead, and direct technology teams to solve enterprise technology business needs.
- Consult on cross-functional projects to ensure technology principles and best practices are incorporated.
- Translate the client’s strategic vision into operational objectives
- Participate in long-term planning and Scope of Work (SOW) development. Proactively plan future programming initiatives to ensure project development is consistent, with no downtime
- Coordinate with Information Services (IS) Department to ensure proper planning for production releases, regular and/or unexpected system maintenance and outages
- Develop and maintain department Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to ensure standardization and efficiency within the department and the company
- Monitor resource utilization and capacity planning while forecasting future application development resource needs
- Monitor project deadlines for compliance. Provide updates on overall project task completion to the Production Director, President, and other company leadership as directed
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
- 7+ years of experience in web development
- Experience in a player/coach role. This role requires spending approximately 20% of your time coding.
- Background in object-oriented development – PHP and PHP Frameworks
- Good understanding of relational databases and capable of writing and executing complex SQL queries
- Thorough knowledge of Linux and very familiar with shell scripting
- Familiarity with Capistrano and Ansible
- Familiarity building websites for load-balanced environments
- Experience with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment using Agile product development.
- Ability to participate in the development and execution of strategic and tactical business plans with other members of the cross-functional team, supporting the enterprise shared technology solution strategy.
- Strong knowledge of technology aspects of web analytics
- Ability to qualify for a government security clearance – as required by government contract
- Citizen of the United States of America – as required by government contract
For consideration, please submit resume and salary requirements directly to the job posting on our website at www.iostudio.com/careers. RESUMES MUST BE ATTACHED IN .DOC OR .PDF FORMATS ONLY.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60–1.4(a), 60–300.5(a) and 60–741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
“EEO is the Law” poster and poster supplement links:
iostudio does not offer VISA sponsorship for any position.
-100% of monthly medical, dental, vision, hearing, life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance premiums paid for employees -401k with company matching -Generous paid time off with some schedule flexibility -Unlimited free snacks and drinks in the break room -Fitness center discounts