Recruiters and staffing companies NEED NOT contact us and DO NOT have permission to contact candidates on our behalf.
Think Company is looking for a Technical Lead to join our Development Team! Think Company is a team of business-minded designers, developers, and thinkers who help our clients envision, design, and create great experiences for their customers and employees. We assist our clients in creating, designing and developing their ideas, executing on those ideas, and making them a reality.
The Technical Lead is part of the core team of any project and the primary technical point of contact throughout its life cycle, including kickoff, research, design, development, and delivery. S/he works with our clients to understand their current technical state, recommends solutions that empower our clients to succeed in their goals, and leads a team of developers to successfully deliver those technology solutions.
Interested in a more hands-on role? We’re also hiring Web Developers - apply here.
The ideal candidate for this role is a senior full-stack developer or technology consultant who is comfortable both with writing code and with socializing the problem or solution. Candidates for this role must have development experience, including writing code and/or coaching others to write code that meets industry standards and best practices. Candidates should also be able to demonstrate prior experience with setting and ensuring compliance with coding standards, making browser and device support recommendations, solving application architecture challenges, advising on content management workflow and CMS configuration, analyzing and remediating page performance issues, and addressing accessibility issues. Candidates should have experience in accurately scoping projects, defining project requirements, translating business requirements into technical requirements, architecting the technical environment and hosting infrastructure, identifying milestones and managing a delivery team against those milestones.
Technical Lead Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of client’s business and technology stack; establish and maintain a positive relationship with the client; represent Think Company with professionalism and integrity
- Work collaboratively as part of a team that includes visual/UX designers, developers, project managers, and other roles (both clients and internal colleagues), flexing between a leadership or supporting role as required
- Architect technical solutions that meet clients’ business, IT, and user needs, and that balance time, budget, and quality considerations appropriately
- Manage developers to deliver technical solutions on-time and on-budget, based on a technical delivery plan; work with project manager to communicate technical team status and manage client expectations
- Research and document web development technologies, trends, and innovations, and make recommendations or deliver presentations to clients and internal colleagues
Skills and Requirements:
- Extensive experience determining and analyzing technical project requirements, creating and managing a plan of work including identifying deliverables and estimating time
- Significant experience in leading and coaching a development team to deliver technical deliverables on-time, on-budget, and on-spec
- Deep understanding of the modern web platform and common architectural solutions
- Significant experience with front-end development practices including accessibility, progressive enhancement, cross-browser/platform compatibility, performance; and pre-processors/build tools
- Significant experience with web application development on both the front-end (Angular, React, etc.) and back-end (PHP, .NET, Python, Ruby on Rails, etc.), and an understanding of the tools and platforms needed to host these solutions
- Significant experience with content management systems (AEM, Sitecore, Drupal, WordPress, etc.) including data and information architecture, templating, workflow, etc.
- Experience with git, svn, or similar version control systems and knowledge of Git Flow methodologies
- Deep familiarity with user experience (UX) design processes (conceptual design, wireframes, usability testing)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills and obsessive attention to detail
Think Company’s developers are passionate about crafting code that is as beautiful and as elegant as our designs. We believe in web standards, progressive enhancement, and accessibility. We aim to build an open and faster web while delivering real value for our clients. We are a team of individuals with diverse skills who love learning and sharing knowledge. We hope you will join us!
To apply, please submit a cover letter or statement of interest, a resume, and three URLs featuring your code (or a link to your Github account with at least three projects). We look forward to hearing from you!
About Think Company
Think Company is an experience design consultancy that provides research, user experience design, and software development services to Fortune 500 clients in a wide range of industries. Think Company has been named one of the Best Places to Work by the Philadelphia Business Journal for three years in a row.
Think Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health, dental, life, and disability insurance; 401 (k); paid time off; and individual training budgets
Regular company outings and hosts to local meetups like CTO School and UX Book Club, plus two PTO days to volunteer for a charity of your choice!