We are looking for an exceptionally talented Senior UI/UX/Digital Designer to join our growing team of creatives and coders on a full-time basis at our studio in DUMBO, Brooklyn. While an on-site teammate is preferrable, we will consider remote applicants.
Type/Code designs and builds digital products and experiences, working with ambitious clients to bring powerful ideas to life. Our clients range from technology startups (Architizer), to cultural institutions (MIT Media Lab, MoMA), to large media properties (GOOD); and we often collaborate with large companies such as Google, GE, and Scholastic. We focus on conceiving, designing, and developing exceptional digital experiences across a wide range of mediums. While a significant amount of our work is client focused, we jump at any opportunity to build self-driven tools and products. Our studio atmosphere is friendly, laid-back, collaborative, flexible, and full of a passionate group of designers and developers who love what they do.
You will be working closely with our design and development teams on a range of project types—focusing on web platforms, mobile applications, and digital communication design—along with opportunities to participate in branding, print design, data visualization, motion graphics, and more. You will be involved in the entire lifecycle of our projects: from strategy and design research, to prototyping and iterating on design solutions, to the execution of final design deliverables in close collaboration with our development team.
- 4+ years of experience art directing and designing for digital mediums, specifically user interface design for websites and web applications, across a wide range of devices
- A portfolio demonstrating creative, impactful, and effective design solutions, across an adaptable range of mediums and styles
- Effective communication skills—including presenting design strategies to teammates, clients, and stakeholders, and leading design-centric conversations
- Exceptional typography, composition, hierarchy, and color theory capabilities
- Ability to strategize with and art direct creative collaborators such as photographers and illustrators when needed
- A strong understanding of User Experience fundamentals, and a passion for designing digital experiences that are beautiful, intuitive, and a joy to engage with
- Experience with design research, finding precedents, assembling type, image, and color studies, and rapidly prototyping and iterating on design solutions
- A mastery of Sketch, Adobe’s Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and Illustrator), InVision, and hunger for continually exploring new design tools and processes with. After Effects/animation experience is a huge plus
- A cursory understanding of HTML/CSS/JS (the more frontend development skills the better), and a desire to influence/understand how the things you design will be built
- Experience with working on a distributed team (thriving under collaborative workflows with multiple teammates and disciplines when needed), and ability to produce complex design deliverables with minimal guidance
If this sounds like you, we would love to look through your work and chat some more.
- Competitive salary
- Central location in sunny DUMBO Brooklyn with a beautiful view of Manhattan
- Regularly stocked snacks, coffee, and beer
- Bike and pet friendly
- Work machine of your choosing
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Education/Professional Growth stipend
- Flexible hours and work-from-home policy
Send a brief cover letter and a link to your portfolio website to firstname.lastname@example.org