The Pinkston Group is seeking an experienced designer to join our creative team in Alexandria, VA. You will play a major role in producing high-quality, aesthetically-pleasing designs across a variety of client projects, including both digital and print. While the majority of your work will be for clients, including Fortune 500 companies, you’ll also help define and extend our own brand through marketing collateral and other creative outputs.
View some of our recent work here: https://www.pinkstondigital.com/work
This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to advance their career.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your primary responsibilities include designing layouts, interfaces and the look/feel for websites and other digital projects, as well as designing for print projects such as annual reports, brochures, and conference displays. While much of our work is digital in nature, we do support our clients with a fair amount of print work.
Other responsibilities include:
- Participation in strategic planning sessions for creative projects
- Designing out infographics and other graphics for social media use
- Advising/mentoring our junior designer(s)
- Branding ourselves and clients, and style-guide production
- Occasional logo design
- Interfacing with printers and other third party vendors
- Communicating with clients and managing design projects
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate is someone who is capable of producing top-tier designs across a variety of mediums, and is interested in advancing their career toward an art director role. Other qualifications and skills include:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
Strong illustration skills would be an excellent value-add for this position.
We offer a fun and rewarding work environment and a competitive benefits package which includes:
Medical and dental insurance with deductible 100% covered by company-funded HRA
401k retirement plan with 3% contributed by the company (no match required)
Five paid volunteer days to contribute to a cause of your choice