Senior Backend Engineer
Reflektive is a leader in providing innovative, real-time performance management solutions for HR leaders and their agile organizations. Founded in 2014, Reflektive securely delivers Real-Time Feedback and Requests, Goal Management, Performance Reviews, and Check-Ins applications in the cloud for more than 400 clients worldwide including Condé Nast, Instacart, Demandbase, Comcast, Dollar Shave Club, Imgur and more.
Reflektive’s mission is to reinvent people management processes to empower employees to thrive at work and was recognized in Gartner’s 2017 Cool Vendors in Human Capital Management report. Following a successful 2017, Reflektive plans to double its engineering team, invest in R&D and expand go-to-market strategies worldwide. On February 15th, Reflektive announced $60 million in Series C funding, led by TPG Growth with existing investors Andreessen Horowitz and Lightspeed Venture Partners participating.
Based in San Francisco, Reflektive is a tightly knit and friendly group of passionate and driven individuals. We are dedicated to learning from and teaching each other and empowering employee success at all levels for us and our customers.
You’ll join a lean, prolific team where everyone, including you, is active in the product defining and development process (where deploying new features every 3 weeks is common). You’ll know the customers we’re talking to, and the needs of each one. As a result, you know where your initiative and drive can best make a difference (and be recognized!)
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has 6+ years of professional experience with Python, Node.js, or Java
- Is someone who can deal with an ambiguous environment
- Is familiar with scaling out an application to deal with high traffic
- Is excited to work with Ruby on Rails
- Has experience with relational DB experience e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle
- Is someone who can bring deep technical perspective to the team
- Has willingness to learn and do whatever it takes to meet deadlines in a quick, ever-changing environment
- Can break-down complex problems into solvable pieces of work for other Engineers
Nice to Haves:
- Memcache, Redis, Redshift, RestFul API, Heroku, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, and Kinesis
- Someone who has done work on the Web Front End technologies (e.g. React/Redux, Angular, Backbone.js)
- Someone who led strategies of going through the trials of Microservices
- Someone who’s worked in SAAS companies serving enterprise customers
- Someone who enjoys mentoring junior engineers
- Help scale the company in both headcount/workforce, as well as our technology.
- Scale our platform to handle an increasing number of enterprise customers: +50,000 employees
- Work on Reflektive’s real-time feedback product
- Depending on your specialization, projects/initiatives may include: Security, scaling distributed systems, working on our core services related to user management, building out new verticals, guiding new engagement features, scaling traffic/imports/exports, managing APIs
- Work with other full-stack engineers and/or senior backend engineers to get things done.
- Have an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment working on a rapidly scaling product
- Meet deadlines
- Participate in multiple engineering learning/growth talks across the engineering teams
- Sit in on customer spec calls
- Work on multiple product verticals of our platform
- Craft feature specific changes with the product team
- In 30 days, you will have deployed fixes to production and have fully grasped the product
- In 60 days, you will have taken on deeper features working with Senior engineers to implement features
- In 90 days, owning your own features working collaboratively with your peers
What We Offer:
- Excellent healthcare, 401k and FSA
- Fun team outings with good people
- Real-time feedback within the organization
- On-site gym and healthy snacks
- Competitive paid time off policy
Reflektive is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.