Design, implement and deliver software components. Develop solutions to technical problems and ensure the delivery of quality software on time.
- Document and demonstrate solution by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepare solutions by determining and designing system specification, standards, and programming
- Identify system or program problems efficiently and accurately and propose pragmatic solutions. Write software that satisfies business requirements and follows applicable coding standards
- Create design documents that satisfy business requirements, follow adopted methodologies, and lead to efficient, easy to maintain, and reliable systems
- Maintain code to enhance functionality, improve efficiency, and replace malfunctioning or obsolete code, following industry standards
- Test programs to ensure they meet business requirements and functionally work well, following testing standards
- Participate in deployment and configuration management processes as necessary
- Ensure all code is version controlled according to industry standards and best practices
Hands-on leadership position designing and delivering a solution that includes 3rd party vendor products and integrations to multiple back end systems
· This position is ultimately responsible for the integration solution architecture design and successful implementation of the solution into production
· Leverage internal and external resources for learning and focus on what is pertinent to organization’s needs
· Serve as liaison to other teams involved in project, coordinating integration work
· Remain current on knowledge and skills necessary for software development, including programming tools, development techniques and related technologies.
· Create detail level design for custom software integration solutions
· Develop artifacts to be used in downstream SDLC phases
· Review and obtain approval of design artifacts with technology Domain
· Participate in Enterprise Architecture Review Board sessions
· Perform additional duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Relevant work experience (similar kind of work at a similar level of work as described in the essential duties) may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree. Completion of a degree is encouraged and supported. 7 years’ experience in computer science, information systems, MIS or related field. Must possess strong knowledge and experience in design, development and implementation of standards and best practices for software development. Must have proven data analysis, debugging, testing and problem-solving abilities. Must be proficient in object oriented development and design, (Ruby/Rails). Must have familiarity with database concepts (tables, keys, joins, queries, etc). Must have a working knowledge of version control systems (GitHub). Must have knowledge of Agile Scrum development methodology. The ability to debug PL/SQL (or other procedural language) preferred. Experience working with containers with containers (Docker) preferred. Experience in CI/CD environments.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Regular attendance required. Extensive telephone and computer work in an office environment. Mobile phone must be carried at all times; individual will be on-call at designated times.
Pinnacol Assurance offers unique benefits including an on-site wellness program, nap pods, nationwide discounts to select retailers, quarterly bonus potential, competitive insurance options, to name a few.