We’re looking for an experienced Rails developer to join our eccentric team in Portland!
It’s not just your technical chops that will set you apart - you’ve gotta have interpersonal skills. Things like being an inspiration to your team and helping develop more junior developers, being humble and seeking input from others, keeping a relentless focus on what our clients need from us and delivering value to them, and great interpersonal communication skills. You will work closely with our project managers, technical writers, and other developers focused on building sites that are beautiful, performant, and maintainable.
We highly value collaboration, communication and professional growth, and provide opportunities for these things as often as we can. We also value independence and critical thinking, and expect our employees to be able to manage their own schedules and responsibilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Ruby and Rails
- Comfortable working with various APIs
- Experience writing tests with Rspec, minitest and/or Capybara
- Experience using Git in a team setting
- “Luxury edition” communication skills ranging from an awesome sense of humor to an ability to clearly communicate complex technical issues to non-technical people
- Ability to take personal responsibility for your deadlines, code quality, and tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively & often
- PHP / Wordpress experience
- Advanced JS experience, including MVC frameworks and emerging trends
- You’re a mover and shaker within the industry via conference appearances, social media, open source contributions / management, etc
- You pronounce gif with a hard “g” (or you can learn to)
FINE is a brand agency for the digital age. We plan, create, and evolve the core brand expressions that define and differentiate companies today. From positioning and strategy, through identity and sophisticated digital destinations, we develop experiences with the brand gravity to pull customers in and make them feel like sticking around. We are nice, down-to-earth people doing interesting and award-winning work; we maintain focus on quality of life in addition to quality of work. Founded in San Francisco in 1994 and expanded to Portland in 2007, the extensive brand list of FINE clients includes Symantec, Cloudera, XOJet, Apple, Anchor Brewing, Kimpton Hotels, Ste Michelle Wine Estates, Pernod Ricard and many more. For more information on FINE and our 20+ year history, visit www.wearefine.com.
Let’s do this!
We offer a generous benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, professional development funds, coffee, fruit, onsite bike storage and showers, commuter benefits, and more.
If this all sounds like you, holler at us immediately. When you do, please include a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and some way to view your work (GitHub account, portfolio site, etc).