We’re looking for a seasoned and talented front-end developer to join us in our Portland office.
We help our clients solve central business problems and deliver their core brand online and we have a lot of fun doing it. As such, we need senior talent with analytical, interactive, and visual skills to jump into complex projects with strategic challenges. You should have at least 4 years in the trenches for the kind of experience you’ll need in this role.
It’s not just your technical chops that will set you apart - you’ve gotta have interpersonal skills. Things like being an inspiration to your team and developing more junior developers, being humble and seeking input from others, keeping a relentless focus on what our clients need from us and delivering value to them, and great interpersonal communication skills. You’ll help set the tone and example for our dev team both technically and socially.
Developers at FINE are passionate, clever people who are constantly improving their skills to keep up with technology. We work on challenging projects and produce high-quality work in a collaborative, creative setting.
Front-end developers at FINE work directly with designers, project managers, back-end developers, technical documentalists, and devops engineers to create super-smooth responsive websites for our clients based on our home-grown open-source CMS, Fae. We are looking for craftspeople who use styles, scripts & markup as the tools of their trade.
- You confidently code clean, modern HTML, CSS & JS
- You focus on the readability & maintainability of your code
- You understand and implement cross-browser compatibility
- You strategically choose solutions that support efficiency in rendering, loading, and painting of the page on the full spectrum of devices and networks without sacrificing UX
- You value design aesthetics while seeking opportunities to leverage new techniques
- You live in Portland, OR
- You are comfortable with Git
- You take personal responsibility for your deadlines, code quality, and tasks
- You communicate effectively & often
- You have experience with Ruby on Rails
- You do not rely on jQuery
- You are adept at creating and maintaining your development environment
- You are active in the wider development community via open source contributions, social networks or actual physical interaction w/ humans in the industry
FINE is a brand agency for the digital age. We plan, create, and evolve the core brand expressions that define and differentiate companies today. From positioning and strategy, through identity and sophisticated digital destinations, we develop experiences with the brand gravity to pull customers in and make them feel like sticking around. We are nice, down-to-earth people doing interesting and award-winning work; we maintain focus on quality of life in addition to quality of work. Founded in San Francisco in 1994 and expanded to Portland in 2007, the extensive brand list of FINE clients includes Symantec, Cloudera, XOJet, Apple, Anchor Brewing, Kimpton Hotels, Ste Michelle Wine Estates, Pernod Ricard and many more. For more information on FINE and our 20+-year history, visit www.wearefine.com.
We offer a generous benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, professional development funds, coffee, fruit, onsite bike storage and showers, commuter benefits, and more.
Please include a cover letter in addition to a resume & portfolio of your work / links to your best work and a description of your role in the project.