Tendermint is building state-of-the-art consensus and networking protocols to enable internet-scale distributed applications. We’re passionate, self-driven, industry leaders whose mission is to build a better, freer internet. We’re also building the Cosmos Network, a decentralized network of independent parallel blockchains, each powered by classical BFT consensus algorithms like Tendermint Core. We believe the technology we’re building will have a major impact on human beings around the world. We’re well funded and growing quickly.
How we work:
Our software development teams are broken up into Tendermint, Cosmos SDK, and Voyager. Our teams leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Most of us work out of our offices in Berkeley, Toronto, and Berlin, but some of our employees work remotely. Communication is important to us and we rely heavily on Slack, Zoom, and GitHub to help us stay in sync. Everything we build is open source and available on GitHub.
This is a full time position and is located in either Berlin, Toronto, Berkeley, or San Francisco.
We are seeking an exemplary visual designer to join the burgeoning Tendermint Design team. This is a role for the self-motivated visual artist and communicator who wants to wear multiple hats at once at a fast-spaced blockchain startup. The candidate should have the ability to deliver creative designs across media types, screens, formats, and technologies.
This position will work closely with our Head of Design and Communications team to design, create, and maintain Tendermint and Cosmos’ visual presence in branding and marketing efforts. The applicant should be a talented communicator and visual problem solver who collaborates well across timezones.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A portfolio showing proficiency in delivering powerful creative ideas for print and web
- 5+ years of visual design experience
- Strong command of visual and communication design principles
- Passion about graphic design, typography, illustration, and animation
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Skill in creating and presenting ideas in a understandable and inspiring manner
- The ability to create work independently, as well as package and present solutions to the Design and Communications teams quickly and beautifully
- Demonstrated mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Motivation and drive - they collaborate well with others to solve hard problems with simple solutions
- A strong grasp on what makes content engaging and successful across multiple platforms and audiences
- A keen understanding of designing for across international borders - the creative and cultural nuances
- A desire for self improvement - they keep up with the evolving landscape of available design tools, technologies and resources
- Visual design for Tendermint and Cosmos across print, web, and digital media.
- Presenting and collaborating on visuals with the Design and the Communications teams.
- Working with the Head of Design to establish and maintain a company-wide style guide.
- Deliverables will include logos, iconography, background illustrations, technical diagrams, merchandising, and designs for print.
- The opportunity to build the future of the internet.
- An exciting role building open source software.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Travel stipend for conferences and in person collaboration.
- At least 4 weeks of paid vacation.
- Very competitive salary, including equity.
Qualified candidates can expect to go through a 4 step interview process. The first interview will be a call to assess cultural fit and to make sure our goals are aligned.
If we think there is a good fit, you’ll have a call with one of our project managers to learn more about your skills and attitudes toward teamwork. If it’s clear that you’d be a good addition to the team, we’ll ask you to complete a technical task for which you will be compensated.
The process can take up to 3 weeks.