At Air New Zealand we know that our digital organisation is crucial to our success - it touches every part of a customer’s journey. Every day, every Air New Zealander interacts with one of our products, apps or services, helping us stay connected to our customers and each other.
Back in 2015 we set about transforming our business and we’re now well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming one of the best digital airlines globally. A team of talented Digital leaders with diverse backgrounds and skills are committed to helping Air New Zealand achieve its big digital ambitions. Our leaders encourage a culture of curiosity, learning and problem solving, while providing clear direction and support.
Working in User Experience at Air New Zealand will see you designing digital experiences that connect and support millions of travellers each year. You’ll work on an iconic brand, at the bleeding edge of technology and help the airline shape the future - faster. In the User Experience team, you will craft digital experiences that are useful, usable and delightful for the customer, through applying systematic design strategies.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Iteratively design products, through sketches, wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity UI design.
- Partner with UX Strategists and other UX designers to help develop customer centered user journeys.
- Work with Product Managers and cross functional teams to identify possible design solutions through workshops and collaborative design sessions
- Partner with Product Leads and SW Engineers to establish design requirements, provide implementation guidance and oversee the quality of the product UI.
- Work to develop visual design outputs such as moodboards, style tiles, screen and component design as well as content design.
Key skills and experience required:
- A good eye for visual design and ability to craft products that are aesthetically pleasing as well as functional and intuitive.
- Core UX design skills in interaction and visual design
- Planning experience; able to craft design approaches.
- Systems design experience; able to extend design systems to accommodate emergent needs.
- Strong relationship skills to persuade and influence the right outcomes.
- Solid problem-solving skills, attention to detail and critical thinking abilities.
- Able to communicate in a confident, clear and focused manner.
We are seeking interest from innovative designers who will bring their experience and expertise to work on designing outcomes, that will connect and influence customers across the Air New Zealand network.