About the Role:
Best Made is seeking a Product Manager to lead and project manage our development road map and assist with site updates, strategy, and content. Reporting to the Senior Director of Growth Marketing, the Product Manager will be focused on enabling and supporting customer acquisition and retention efforts through the Best Made website and across the Growth Marketing team, while also ensuring core stability and functionality of our systems. Our mission over the next year is to build platforms that support scalable growth, with a scrappy team, and in a way that creates a delightful customer experience, drives revenue, and supports brand differentiation and growth.
This is a high-visibility role at a fast-growing, innovative brand that is the right fit for someone who can understand the end-to-end implications of feature development and who has superior collaboration skills across a wide variety of cross-functional partners and working styles. The role requires someone who is equally comfortable serving as a customer champion, a high-level strategist, a day-to-day project manager, and a coach/collaborator to partners who may be new to agile product development processes. The person in this role is equally adept at prioritizing and addressing bug fixes, diving into acceptance and testing criteria, as well as strategizing solutions for 6 months to a year from now.
The candidate will work closely with developers, UX designers, and Site Content and Merchandise managers to ensure that our solutions are a good fit for the right market and brand opportunity and support continuous testing and learning of features. You’ll also help identify, evaluate, and/or establish key partnerships externally and internally to drive solution expansion as needed.
The ideal candidate is a master of prioritization and cross-functional collaboration, with strong communication and project management skills, a keen sense for end-to-end implications of developments, and a proven track record of getting things done. The ideal candidate is comfortable with data-driven decision making and is also comfortable translating data-driven recommendations for creative, customer or brand focused thinkers. He/she is able to influence and lead partners even when not in a position of direct authority, and loves to think big.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with Developer and Design teams to identify feature requirements, testing and acceptance criteria, and create a development roadmap
- Manage backlog of feature requirements, prioritizing features and communicating prioritization and timelines persuasively across teams and stakeholders
- Develop customer-first oriented growth strategies and serves as a customer champion
- Collaborate closely with Senior Marketing Manager, Site Content & Merchandising, to ensure the site has capabilities required to support brand and content initiatives as well as merchandising testing and learning
- Support Planning, Merchandise, Service, and Store Retail in meeting business goals and needs, balancing internal business needs with technologies and customer needs and experience
- Analyze test and site data to identify key customer pain points and opportunities for refinement, new solutions, and growth
- Lead introduction of product development methodologies within the company and mentor/coach partners on processes and approaches
- Support project management initiatives as needed
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- 5+ years of e-commerce product management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An entrepreneurial mentality; willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet goals, and a passion for keeping up with innovations and trends in digital marketing and e-commerce
- Keen analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases, attention to detail
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple competing priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven track record driving innovation on behalf of both enterprises and consumers with a keen ability to prioritize task and to communicate and explain prioritization to multiple stakeholders
- Experience developing user stories and acceptance criteria and managing a backlog
- Excellent customer intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly web services and customer-facing features
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with both e-commerce and physical retail transactions
- Experience developing for mobile devices
- Experience with Netsuite, Shopify Plus, or Solidus
- Experience across both agile and waterfall development methods
Use the Word to HTML converter to avoid dirty code and messy markup when publishing documents online.