We’re looking for a mid-to-senior visual designer who is equal parts problem-solver and visual storyteller. The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in graphic design, and has experience working in brand identity, UI and print media. You’re able to think strategically about marketing challenges and approach design with a meticulous—borderline obsessive—sense of craft. You can tell a good story (visually and verbally) to sell an idea. You’re conceptual and strategic in your approach. You’re ambitious, and willing to go the extra mile to make the work stand out. Above all, you’re a team player, collaborative and easy to work with. Oh yes! And you must like office dogs.
- Must be equally fluent in print and digital design and production methods.
- Must be comfortable being client-facing, with excellent written, verbal and visual presentation skills.
- Must feel completely at home in Sketch, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and AfterEffects.
- Must be able to think holistically about design systems and develop creative solutions within established brand and identity guidelines.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Additional skills like Illustration and/or motion design are a bonus.
- Solid understanding of UX and prototype tools like Axure, Principle, Figma, etc.
- 3-5 years of hands-on design experience (preferably in an agency setting).
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communication design, new media or equivalent degree.
- An impeccable eye for design, and an undying hunger to continually learn and improve.
- Must have acute attention to detail, the ability to take a project from concept to completion, and be able to work on multiple simultaneous projects and timelines.
We offer flexible schedules, full health benefits, dental, education budgets, and a 401(k) retirement plan with matching.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume and online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruiters or staffing companies please. This is an immediate opening. Applicants must live in San Francisco or the Bay Area. No relocation is being offered for this position.