QA Analyst (Manual & Automation)
Who we are
Broadway.com is the leader in Broadway ticketing and news. At Broadway.com the result of your work will be seen and used by millions of people — tourists, theater lovers, students, groups, etc.
We use our creativity to elevate the customer experience, and we test and analyze the customer experience to validate our decisions to ensure the quality of the products we build. We believe in user-centered design principles. We employ the “don’t make me think” user experience philosophy.
Our team is passionate, professional, and we all care deeply about our customer experience and the quality of the software that supports it.
Broadway.com is seeking a detail oriented and creative QA Analyst to join our team. You’ll be a key member in testing, analyzing, and ensuring Broadway.com and our various interactive products meet user experience standards and functional requirements.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to join a product team that collaborates early and often throughout the product development lifecycle. You’ll join a collaborative team of product designers, QA analysts, developers, and managers responsible for customer experiences across all our web and mobile products.
You’re a creative problem solver. The little things matter - attention to detail is important. Some people would say you’re too organized. You’re self-motivated. You’re a terrific communicator, and an excellent writer. You’re passionate about shipping a quality product.
● 3+ years Quality Assurance Analyst experience testing web and mobile applications in multiple browsers and across operating systems
● Proficient in establishing, documenting and executing test strategies from business and functional requirements
● Familiar with Scrum/Agile methodologies and process
● Comfortable with Git, Github, gitlab or similar source control solutions
● Experience with PyTest, Selenium, BrowserStack, Cypress or similar tools
● Experience with Continuous Integration testing tools (Jenkins, Gitlab CI, etc)
● Experience with bug tracking software. We use Jira.
● Unix/Linux command-line experience.
● Ability to clearly communicate and provide support for the team.
● Proven interpersonal, analytical, strategic, and creative problem solving skills.
A Day in the Life
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you might have done last week:
● Used Jira to review tickets “Ready for QA”, and worked on those tickets towards resolution.
● Manual regression testing of a release build.
● Prepared to automate regression tests for future iterations.
● Tested a release across multiple browsers and operating systems.
● Used Selenium to create automated tests for new features, and existing features.
● Reviewed a project brief to identify potential test coverage gaps and mitigate risk.
● Met with a developer, designer or stakeholder to review requirements for successful test execution, and used this define phase to generate test scripts and documentation.
● Proactively looked for gaps in current test coverage and created new test artifacts.
● Reviewed and refactored existing test suite to improve readability and documentation.
● Used Git to retrieve the latest version of code, and run an instance of a web application to review changes.
● Met with Senior QA and staff to review testing strategies, current and future projects and planning.
● Apply manual and automated test scripts you generated for the successful release and support of the organization’s products.
● Generate functional, integration, regression, UAT, and performance/stress tests.
● Write detail Test Plan, Test Cases, and Bugs report
● Communicate early and often throughout all tasks.
● Analyze test results, and document defect/issues in the Jira tracking system.
● Collaborate with developers, designers, and stakeholders in the development and maintenance of test artifacts from design documentation and functional specifications.
● Proactively troubleshoot with developers, stakeholders, and designers to identify, and resolve issues.
● Document defect/issues in Jira tracking system, including relevant brief descriptions of the issue with detailed steps to replicate.
● Identify solutions to improve test strategies across products.
● Provide regular progress reports of all issues daily and at weekly team status meetings and throughout product iterations, among other things.
Nice to haves:
● Familiar with Django/Python testing libraries.
● Familiar with the Page Object Model pattern.
Tools We Use
● Jenkins, Gitlab CI
● Amazon Web Services
● PyTest, Selenium, Cypress, and Browserstack
● and many others…
We also go to conferences, offer plenty of learning resources, enjoy summer Fridays, and a handful of other fun things we hope to tell you about.
How to Apply:
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attach your resume to the email. Please send any attachments in PDF format.
Include a link to any public code examples or applications you’ve worked on (websites, Github, etc).
This is not a telecommute job.