We’re looking for a senior product designer to join our team and help bring our product vision and strategy to life. The right candidate for this role must be passionate about designing experiences and interfaces at the intersection of beautiful, delightful and useful. We’re looking for someone who has a deep appreciation for the mixture of beauty and strategy that comes together in user experience design and evangelizes that in their daily work. The best candidates for this role look to research—both qualitative and quantitative—to guide their design process. An iterative, customer-centric approach to user experience design is pivotal for this role. Given the collaborative nature of this role—and the natural tendency of design to garner lots of feedback—the best candidates for this role will have top-notch interpersonal skills and able to build trust with stakeholders, engineers and product managers alike. Finally, we’d love a candidate with frontend coding skills or an interest in developing them!
- Participation at various levels in the complete product development lifecycle from definition through design, research, testing, development, and QA.
- Conduct and participate in research and user testing to explore requirements, users’ needs and validate the results of your work.
- Balance the needs of the customer with those of the business.
- Create and maintain documentation and deliverables surrounding the product, including design files as well as presentations and style guides.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders, product managers, and engineers to solve problems through innovative visual and interactive solutions.
- 3+ years of design experience across mobile and web.
- A diverse portfolio of design experience including prototype/wireframing, UX, visual and interaction design.
- A strong foundation in aesthetics (typography, photography, composition, color, hierarchy, etc.)
- Experience with user research including online user testing and phone/in-person interviews.
- Experience designing for targeted growth and optimization.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written that pair well with an ability to articulate your thought, decision, and design processes.
- An ability to build trust with stakeholders and collaborators, challenge beliefs and assumptions, and deliver feedback with grace and respect.
- A proven track record of successfully shepherding projects from conception to launch.
- Extremely detail oriented and well organized.
- Ability to be productive independently while staying integrated with the larger product and engineering teams.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in Sketch or the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Coding experience is a huge plus, but not a distinct requirement.
- A bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience.
This is an on-site role. Applicants must be living in or intending to move to the greater NYC metropolitan area.
- Open PTO (within reason)
- Summer Fridays (half days)
- Catered Friday Breakfast
- Personal Tech Budget
- Personal Wellness Budget
- Lots of free samples
- 2 friendly dogs in the office
- Pre-Tax TransitChek Commuter Benefit
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account