We’re looking for a senior frontend engineer that cares deeply about building beautiful, functional frontend experiences while working collaboratively with designers, product managers, and backend engineers. This engineer will focus on developing a cohesive frontend architecture that provides our customers with a great experience customizing their sample box and providing insightful brand feedback. This role has the opportunity to truly own PINCHmeÂ’s frontend stack and lead the charge as we transition to a React-centric frontend.
- Drive frontend architecture across our application.
- Work with product managers and designers to build a beautiful and intuitive experience for our members and clients.
- Work with the rest of our engineering team to help develop our standards and practices across the stack.
- Explore opportunities to create more cohesive experiences across platforms, including exploring tools like React Native for our forthcoming mobile apps.
- Help mentor and lead other engineers and share knowledge with the broader team and company.
- 4+ years of experience doing design heavy, frontend development work (HTML, CSS, and JS) with a proven track record.
- Expert level understanding of CSS including a deep understanding of mobile-first development as well as a strong toolset for building responsive browser experiences that work well across platform and device.
- Extensive experience with building frontend asset pipelines utilizing tools like Webpack, Grunt.js, etc.
- A passion for pushing the boundaries of modern web development and a deep desire to build useful and usable interfaces.
- An appreciation of good design.
- Ability to be productive independently while staying integrated with the larger engineering team.
- Comfort working with Git and GitHub.
- Comfort using Sketch/Photoshop as well as collaborating directly with designers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is an on-site role. Applicants must be living in or intending to move to the greater NYC metropolitan area.
- Open PTO (within reason)
- Summer Fridays (half days)
- Catered Friday Breakfast
- Personal Tech Budget
- Personal Wellness Budget
- Lots of free samples
- 2 friendly dogs in the office
- Pre-Tax TransitChek Commuter Benefit
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account