Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas. So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
Our approach to design
WeTransfer aims to build simple tools around people’s creative process, on any device. We’re interested in the weird and wonderful ways that creative minds work, and how they shape the world around us. This thinking has made our products and brand loved by anyone – from our moms to your favorite artists. As we grow, the simplicity of our service will be challenged. It is our responsibility to design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people every day.
What you’ll be doing
As a product designer, you will work side-by-side with engineers and a product manager in a product team. Teams work autonomously, owning their part of the experience. You’ll be responsible for the design of that experience and act as a creative and strategic partner for your teammates. This work is supported by a range of specialists to make sure design decisions are well-informed and that you have everything needed to take WeTransfer to the next level.
Product design at WeTransfer spans from subtle tweaks that make a difference, to innovation projects that define our products’ future. You’ll work to improve, expand on and push the WeTransfer experience forward; designing elegant flows and interactions, testing solutions with prototypes, iterating to reach product objectives, maintaining our design system — all across web, mobile and desktop applications, and through product integrations. Every week you’ll get together with a group of designers to present and review work.
We take pride in building tools that enable creativity to flow. This has shaped the experience we’ve built, the way we work, and how we view our organization. Through our monthly Innovation Fridays, anyone in the company can work together to explore that outlook and what’s next for WeTransfer.
Qualities we’ll be looking for
- We value smarts and an inquisitive attitude. You’ll deal with quite a bit of complexity, and should be comfortable with ambiguity and abstraction.
- WeTransfer is part of the creative community and so are you — broadly interested in tech, culture, and the arts.
- You love to learn, unlearn, and relearn. In this rapidly changing world, it’s imperative to keep evolving. You are an experienced designer, with a relevant education and some (or many) years on the ground.
- You demonstrate a product mindset. Shipping product is key, that means you’re happy to experiment and prototype, eager to talk to users, quick to sketch out ideas and you know how to get your design through development.
- You articulate your ideas effectively through your verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in the English language is required.
- Our products are used by all kinds of amazing people, from all over the world. We actively look to have this diversity reflected in our teams.
- Our product teams work from our Amsterdam office. You should either live within a commutable distance, or willing to relocate (we’ll help you make the move, some conditions apply for visa applications).
- We are growing rapidly and looking to fill several positions at multiple levels. We’d love for you to get in touch if you’re ready for the next step in your career, working with an amazing team to create meaningful products for millions of people every day. 🚀
We believe a diverse company is a better company. Whatever your story, we want to hear from you. Whatever your background, we’ll help you do your best work.
Meaningful work, European work-life balance, Personal annual budget of €1000, Healthy lunch, Free gym membership, Innovation Friday, Friday drinks, and more.